Community Forums

Cheap (Inexpensive) Ostomy Wrap  

RSS

Bill Bell
(@bago)
Registered
February 23, 2018 4:44 pm  

I normally wear my bag hanging down supported by a Nu-Hope support belt.  I have looked at the Stealth Belt and similar wraps and I get cheap when looking at a $100 item to hold the bag horizontally.

I bought a women's tube top (boob tube) from eBay for $1.04 Us or $1.34 Canadian from China. One size fits all.  My waist is 36" and it works great to hold the appliance. I may buy a few more at this price.  The eBay ad is at https://www.ebay.com/itm/122070964311?ViewItem=&rd=1&item=122070964311&ssPageName=STRK:MERFB:IID

The thing is pretty thin (see through).  This shot is over the Nu-Hope belt that causes the roll of fat over the belt.

Something you might want to try. The price is right. It takes 3 or 4 weeks to get since it is shipped from China.  

1519422240-Cheap-Ostomy-Wrap.jpg

Bill
Ulcerative Colitis... Ileostomy June 2016

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
February 23, 2018 7:48 pm  

If you don't want  to go the  eBay route, Walmart sells these usually as maternity wraps for like $10 😀

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Ducky liked
ReplyQuote
Ducky
(@ducky)
Registered
February 23, 2018 9:17 pm  

I use the maternity wrap from Walmart. It works great. I am very new to all of this but it holds my bag and place and you cannot tell I have it on under my clothes.

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
February 23, 2018 9:47 pm  

Very smart Eric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good'ol Maternity shops.. 

But as I asked before, I am afraid of pancaking.. ????????  I am still wearing very loose items..

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
February 24, 2018 2:48 am  

Welcome, Ducky!

Marcie, if pancaking is an issue for you, I can tell you that wraps will not help the situation,unfortunately.

Ducky liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
February 24, 2018 9:56 am  

Thought so, quack quack........

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
February 24, 2018 10:02 am  

Hi Ducky. Welcome.......... Sorry (I was just quacking at Eric) :-) 

Tell us about yourself, and what is going on with your life. You found a great group here. Hope you get as much needed advise as I have with Eric's videos .. As we r all in the same boat it can be rocky  times for us all-so ask away and we all will help u out.. Even tho it just a hug that is needed.  Best. Marcie.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
February 24, 2018 4:28 pm  
Posted by: Marcie

Tell us about yourself, and what is going on with your life. 

Ducky, we'd love to know more about you if you're up to opening up, but please do it in the introductions area so we don't derail this thread.

ReplyQuote
Kerby
(@lkerby33)
Registered
February 25, 2018 3:33 pm  

Great ideas. I hadn't surgery in November.  I like the Maternity wrap idea. Where in Walmart?  Underwear dept.?  I just ordered By Hope Hernia belt. I dontbyurt, just need to tuck all of this in. I did order a Tube wrap. I like the flexibility of wearing Pouch either way. Depends on occasion. I can use all the help and tips. So much out there. Don't want to waste money on expensive items that are useless. 

ReplyQuote
Ducky
(@ducky)
Registered
February 28, 2018 5:46 pm  

I got my wrap in the underwear dept at Wal-Mart. Very inexpensive.

ReplyQuote
Kerby
(@lkerby33)
Registered
February 28, 2018 6:27 pm  

Thank you. I was there yesterday, didn't see anything but Maternity corset. Lol... Will try again.. 

ReplyQuote
Kerby
(@lkerby33)
Registered
March 5, 2018 6:27 pm  

Thanks for advice on cheap wraps. I went to your site and bought several. Thanks

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register