Community Forums

Well guys, check me out! I’m the BBraun spokes person!  

RSS

Gimparoo
(@gimparoo)
Registered
April 1, 2018 1:10 pm  

Hey folks,

I’ll make this short and to the point...   at least try!

When I first became an Ostomate, I was released from the hospital here in Austin with no idea of what I was to do next, generally I knew to change my appliance and for the weeping/sores I knew what crusting was, and practiced both. But the appliance I was using was a (I won’t name a brand) cheap one piece that was too long and sounded as if I was wearing a diaper..  in doing my own research, asking everyone for samples along the way, I then ran across Eric’s site, as it had the best videos and a list of numbers to call for just about every company out there to get help or samples. Called them all!!  (Thanks Eric) I saw his video for the BBraun goods, but no info on how to call for samples, well first they were just getting started in North America, and second, not in the US yet. I personally emailed Eric, and as fast as I hit send, he had replied with a name and number to a nurse that could “take care of samples” for me! (Thanks Eric)..  so, I called this person and she asked her standard questions, and sent out a nice supply of samples. All she wanted in return was a written summary of me and my experience with the samples (understanding they weren’t in the US until a month or two in the future). I received the samples, loved them better than anything else I had tried.. (though still trying different rings until I found a good working match...  done).  Then about a month later, after I sent an email with a “thank you” and my summary of my experience, this nurse from BBraun calls and asks if I could do an audio file, a recording of my experience for their marketing department, so I did a short audio and sent out to her. About a month later, received an email from their marketing folks asking if I would be willing to do a “testimonial” on my experience with the WOCN world, and what I like about the BBraun line, the Flexima 3S!!  (Thanks Eric 8-).  The Marketing manager from their US main office flew in, I called a friend in the video, commercial, movie making world to make the video, and we all met in a famous old home here in Austin to get this testimonial video made! Fun, but allot of work...  very nice person from BBraun.     Anyway, here we are.. the video was more than 5 minutes long after editing, but on the BBraun site it’s edited down even more. So, check it out, don’t laugh at me to much!  LOL.  ENJOY..  (Thanks Eric, again!)

https://www.myosto-mylife.com/en.html

T11/12 Paraplegic / Colostomate

Robert, VeganOstomy, Dona and 1 people liked
john68
(@john68)
Registered
April 1, 2018 1:29 pm  

And the Oscar for the best short film goes too!!!!! Hey Mark well done Lad. Looking well :-D 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
April 1, 2018 1:36 pm  

You did great, Mark. And you have a wonderful speaking voice and a reassuring presence. Way to go.

and really? The filter works? Makes me want to try BBraun ( these aren't the same guys who make coffee grinders, I trust?).

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
Gimparoo
(@gimparoo)
Registered
April 1, 2018 1:43 pm  

Thanks To all...  most of all, thanks to Eric!

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
April 1, 2018 1:44 pm  

Hi Dona, Coffee grinders!! need filters? may be the do lol.

Gimparoo liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
April 1, 2018 7:06 pm  

Mark! I saw you on the site when B. Braun told me about it! I haven't had time to tell you, but I do now! 

Great job on the video, and I'm so happy that you found an appliance that works for you. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Zvitusk and Gimparoo liked
ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
April 1, 2018 10:59 pm  

Mark, good to hear from you. Are you an ostomate, too?

ReplyQuote
Gimparoo
(@gimparoo)
Registered
April 2, 2018 8:26 am  

Zvitusk,

Yes sir..  I’ve been an Ostomate for a short time compared to most here, July 2016 is my Anniversary. Mostly due to a Nuerogenic bowel from long term paralysis and in combination of long term pain meds and costipation problems. After trying everything in the book and more, it was decided that a Colostomy would make my life easier, and it really has. I dreaded going this route, but after it was done, and I found the right tools and folks in support of my transition, it has actually been a blessing.   :-) 

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
April 4, 2018 12:32 pm  

I ordered samples and they arrived in 3 days. Talked to Samantha in California office.  Pleasant experience so far.

ReplyQuote
Gimparoo
(@gimparoo)
Registered
April 4, 2018 2:01 pm  

Good to hear!  Hope they work as well for as they have for...  we are all different. If you have any questions that I may help with, just ask!

Mark

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
April 4, 2018 2:19 pm  

Don't worry, I will. 

Z

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
April 6, 2018 9:54 pm  

Mark, why would we laugh?  Your handsome, well spoken, perfect eye contact. and honest. I an sure this video will go far and truly a keeper for this company!! 

We have a movie star among us !!!!!!!!!! Best always, Marcie.

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Gimparoo
(@gimparoo)
Registered
April 6, 2018 11:05 pm  

Well, thank you Marcie!   Nice of you to say...      :-D 

Nor sure of a movie star, but having fun all the same!

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
April 7, 2018 2:23 pm  

Z, Last I talked with them BBRAUN  1 year ago(company) they were just in Fl.  Can only order through them.. Not my company that I get my supplies from.Which makes it hard for me, as it mess's up my insurance (medicare)  ----- I liked the wafer, but the pouch was a bit messy/cloth like and narrow for emptying. I like the wide mouth... still...........for emptying.  :-)    Faster --- and the faster the better and faster I am out of the bathroom.  Hope u have good luck with them.. the wafer is comfortable, but a lot of hardware which makes it heavy. For me anyways.. 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Gimparoo
(@gimparoo)
Registered
April 7, 2018 3:58 pm  

McKesson and PPS in Florida handle them...  EdgePark should have them soon, by what I was told.   I get most things from EdgePark and BBraun stuff from PPS...  did not mess with my Medicare, just a little more paper work on their end.  Being a Colostomate the plates last 10 to 14 days, more reliant on the life of the ring i use. Though the bags I can get away with 2 or 3 a week, they now have adhesive remover spray and their bag line/base plate line has grown. I have just become used to what I started off with. I do vary the rings to see what new is out there and if I can get a better or different lifespan out of them... 

Hope this helps?!   :-) 

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
April 7, 2018 4:15 pm  

Hi Mark, Its a great thing when you have a system that works well. Plus that's encouragement for any ostomate having trouble. Its an amazing wear time!

Gimparoo liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register