Clear all

The seat belt protector by JD Mathe Ostomy Protector Seatbelt

9 Posts
3 Users
6 Likes
danbh
(@danbh)
Topic starter  

I received my seat belt protector today, and have already put it on my car belt, and gone for a drive. I love it. At $40.00 dollars it is a great product, that does what it says it would. My belt quite a few times pushed the bag up and I had it separate from the wafer  at the bottom . Now the belt does not touch the bag or the wafer. It comes with instruction as to how to put it in the car, or in an aircraft, or anywhere else.

Would recommend it to anyone with an Ostomy.

Eric, thank you for the list of suppliers, it was perfect.

Dan

VeganOstomy reacted
Marcie
(@shulmjs)

Dad, where is your stoma located ???????? Just wondering, as some use them and some don't and some again and HATE THE SEAT BELT and I wonder why??  For me, at times, it or it felt it wild push into my bag and not let the tears of Nellie pass through--but I was in the early years of adjustments of this surgery.

But also- I am not that active as some here, and my driving has been up to a few hours.  Does that make a difference? - Eric????? 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
danbh
(@danbh)
Topic starter  

Hi Marcie, I have a Colostomy, the bag is on my left side just about inline with the belly button.

The belt in my car always was either right on my Stoma or under it pushing up, and at times pushing the bag off.

With the protector, my Stoma is in the clear, and the belt is kept away from it.  As long as it keeps the seat belt away from my Stoma, I am happy.

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)

Dan--  O.k. I know what u mean now. AND I AM HAPPY FOR YOU TOO !!!!!!!!!!!! And of course, for others that have issues of such.  There r safety belts for us that work !! I will check it out.. Might come in handy!! Be prepared I always say!! :-) 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
danbh
(@danbh)
Topic starter  

Marcie,

I take the safety of this partner of mine (my Stoma) very seriously. My car is a new car, and has a sensor up in front of the hood, if the sensor detects that I am too close to the car in front of me, and there is no break action on my part, the car will stop on its own. If it ever happen while I did not pay attention for any reason, and it stops hard, my Stoma would  would be pushed back to where it came from, and I do not want to think even, on the results that would follow this.

Have this on while you drive just a mile, or 500 miles, you never know who is the idiot behind you that will hit you. Just be careful and take care of yourself.

Dan

VeganOstomy and LK reacted
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)

I agree...

This does not go backwards.  so what is the name of this seat belt attachment?  Thanks in advance.. 

ReplyQuote
danbh
(@danbh)
Topic starter  

Go to this page, where there is a list of websites for belts and accesories

https://www.veganostomy.ca/ostomy-clothing-manufacturers/

Find in this list  this name below, and click on it, it will open a Paypal order form, you pay Paypal for the item, and get a receipt ( you do not have to create a Paypal account - I hate Paypal) and place your order, same size fits all.

Will take about a week to 10 days to receive.

Hope this helps, and have a wonderful healthy day.

Dan

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Glad that seat belt protector works for you, Dan! Using a seat belt protector like that one has made a big difference for me too. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
danbh
(@danbh)
Topic starter  

Thank you Eric, I am always worried about keeping my Stoma safe, at work, in the car, and also at home. I find all these items to help me through your website, and your hard work.

Thank you for doing what you do, you have me as a subscriber for life time.

Dan

VeganOstomy and john68 reacted
ReplyQuote