Community Forums

Stealth Belt vs. Co...

Notifications
Clear all

Stealth Belt vs. ComfortBelt: Which Ostomy Support Belt is Best? (w/ video)

29 Posts
3 Users
5 Likes
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  
wpf-cross-image

Let's compare the StealthBelt to the ComfortBelt!

Do you have any preferences?

My full comparison can be found by clicking on the link below.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Betty reacted
(@VeganOstomy)
Topic starter  

Which belt do you own? Tell me what you love or hate about it.

ReplyQuote
(@Comfortbelt)

Thank you Eric, another really useful and insightful review. We always really value any feedback so we will take this on board and look to make improvements where we can. Great news is we do now have specifically designed left hand side belts which I am updating the website with. As you know we only launched in the UK a year ago and we are continuing to change and improve the product for the better. I have sourced a stronger more durable velcro (used by the British army so I'm hoping that should be pretty strong) and am currently working with our factory to have a better way of fixing the zip to strengthen that to ensure ultimate durability. Any of our customers who have found the velcro or zip to have come loose can exchange their product for another belt free of charge as we want to make sure our customers always have the support they need. Keep up the great reviews!

ReplyQuote
(@VeganOstomy)
Topic starter  

I'm really glad to hear of all these changes! I would be more than happy to try one of your revised models when it's available and I'll make note of these improvements on the review!

ReplyQuote
(@Debbie)

Is the Quick Start belt still available to purchase?
The link leads to a page not found.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Debbie, the Quick Start belt is still available - StealthBelt changed their website just after my review went up and the didn't fix the link to the QS belt (I don't think they finished making the page for it yet).

Just contact them and ask for it :)

ReplyQuote
(@Salomon M Chavez)

What types of stoma guards are useable with vertical belts?

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

This product is what I would recommend: https://www.veganostomy.ca/hybrid-stealth-belt-review-w-video/

Most guards cannot be work with your appliance horizontally because of how the bands work.

That said, I've used the ostomy resolutions guard ( https://www.veganostomy.ca/ostomy-resolutions-stoma-guard-review/) in my stealth belt and it appears to work, but only if you have a less active stoma and don't have very thick output - if you do, then you'll likely end up with stool pushing the guard outward, which could end up in a leak or discomfort.

ReplyQuote
 Kmn
(@Kmn)

Hubby has urostomy...obviously totally pee output ...Will StealthBelt work well for him? Also, his pouches are vertical 2 piece...does he need a different type of pouch to use the stealth bag? Thank you.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

You can wear a StealthBelt with a urostomy, but I would contact the company directly to see what options will work best for him. They do offer double-bag options!

ReplyQuote
(@Jen L)

Hi! Great review, much appreciated! I am looking to buy a Stealth Belt this week. BTW everyone - there is a Memorial Day 10% off code on their site. :)

Do you know if the Quick Start belt is now what they call a Band Support Belt? I can't find a Quick Start on their site. Maybe they changed the name? The Band Support Belt comes in nude color, not just black, which is a big plus for me. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Jen! Yes, StealthBelt often has promotions, so it's always worth checking in to their social media or newsletter before making a purchase.

I don't know if they call the Quick Start Belt anything different, but they should still have it available (you may need to ask).

ReplyQuote
(@Ostomaniac)

Hey Eric, thank you for all your reviews and resources, they clearly have immensely helped the lives of so many ostomates.
I wanted to ask, have you used the neoprene inserts with the Stealthbelt pro? How have you found them for muffling and impact?
Also, I hope you're a brand ambassador for Stealthbelt, with all the hard work you're doing for us you should be getting some perks too!
Thank you!

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

Hey, Ostomaniac (love the name, BTW!).

I actually did buy and use the inserts with the StealthBelt Pro I purchased many years ago - I didn't like it and much prefer the Hybrid belt if you need neoprene protection.

If you already have a belt (any brand, really), you can make your own insert by cutting some 1/8" mousepads and seeing how that works for you.

And, no - I'm not a brand ambassador for any company. I don't get paid by any company to promote their products, and the sale of any products resulting from someone seeing my reviews do not benefit me financially. While I do take a huge financial loss for doing that, I'm hoping it builds more trust and value for my readers :)

If you try that DIY insert, let me know how it goes!

ReplyQuote
(@Ostomaniac)

Awesome life hack with the mousepads! I have been benefiting from your comprehensive product reviews to figure out what Stealthbelt would be right for me, I would need some impact protection.
Also trying to learn more about hernia belts for prevention- looking forward to your review :)
I cannot adequately express the impact you have had on me, my situation was quite rapid and unexpected. But learning from you has actually made me look forward to experiencing life with my intestinal buddy! We do fight sometimes, though...
Ostomates let's support Eric!

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
(@RiOT76AD)

The same company makes both belts. Just as an FYI in case anyone was under the impression that they were competitors. If you go to the Comfort Belt page and click on the Custom Options or Specialty Sports Belt, it takes you directly to the Stealth Belt page. So, by design, they are different belts made for different purposes.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

Woah! I just saw that the Comfort Belt company was bought by StealthBelt last year. I don't know if they are manufacturing these products independently, but I will find out and update this article.

glenn.giroir reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chrisandbagpus)

This might be of interest to some members for a cheaper alternative to the sealthbelt and comfort belt:

stomacarebelt a UK supplier do a very similar product to the comfort belt for around have the price and they do international shipping. There is at the time of posting a deal on ebay for £25 plus shipping ( stomacare-products) I have no connection with this company and is not an atempt to advertise other that they excellent service I recorded from the company, I just bought and paid for the product as the other mentioned ones were just to expensive.

we had a confusion on which side to bag fitted in the belt compared to the stoma but they sent out an exchange the next working day so wasn't a problem.

Hope is might be of help for anyone on the forum after all we all have to look after the pennies!

Colostomy Jan 2020

ReplyQuote
(@Jennifer)

My husband has had a urostomy on his right side. He has a problem at night when he sleeps. That is when he seems to get a leak! He does wear his bag in the vertical position. I watched your video on the different stealth belts, but we need to get some type of belt that will support his appliance while he sleeps. He does hook up to a large drain bag while he sleeps. The problem seems to happen when he sleeps on his right side (the side his stoma is on) I truly enjoy your videos. You give a lot of great information. When we have a problem I always turn to you :-) Any information would be greatly appreciated Thank you so much. Have a great day and stay safe,

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Jennifer, StealthBelt does make a vertical support band which may help to support his appliance at night. The bottom should be open, so it may also allow the external drainable bag to be hooked up while he wears the belt. Take a look here: https://www.stealthbelt.com/vertical-belt

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2