Community Forums

Coloplast Sensura M...

Notifications
Clear all

Coloplast Sensura Mio High-Output ostomy bags: Overview (w/ video)

38 Posts
7 Users
3 Likes
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

That's too bad about the size of the Coloplast bags, Kathy.

I don't have any high-capacity ConvaTec bags, but I may request samples just to see how they look! I'm surprised they use velcro on their high-capacity bags - I can't imagine velcro holding the weight of a full bag!

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
(@kathymac)

Well, I called Convatec and they told me to pinch the Velcro together instead of slide my finger across it to make it stick together - that worked well and holds beautifully - even with a full pouch.  I am very happy with this and in fact, just placed my 3-month order for them along with my other supplies EZ Vents and Brava strips).  I still use the Osto EZ vent on all pouches as I found filtered pouches clog up too easily and don't work after one day.  Oh, wear time is running between 3-5 days.  Also, Convatec must have changed the formula for their adhesive as I had no skin problems whatsoever - "smooth as a baby's butt".  Just for my own peace of mind, I still use the Brava strips on the pouch edges - also for my own peace of mind.  I do that mainly out of the nightmare of using Hollister products - blahhhhh/boooo - nothing but leaks, skin breakdown and having to use all the other stuff with their products.  No more paste or wipes or powders, etc.  All the extra supplies (as mentioned as well as boxes of Hollister pouches and wafers) I donated to my surgeon - they have some patients who don't have a lot of extra funds to buy supplies or insurance that doesn't pay and they were very thankful.
Showering:  One more thing - I found that I can keep my appliance dry by using a ZipLoc bag.  I put it on from the bottom and slide it up until it totally covers the appliance.  I than run a piece of HyTape (or any other waterproof tape on hand) across the top to seal the ZipLoc bag and voila - stays completely dry.
Have a wonderful Easter weekend and safe travels.
Kathy MacPhersonGOD SAVE THE USA GOD BLESS OUR POLICE OFFICERS

ReplyQuote
(@Gurwinder)

Hi. I am currently using this high output system. It really nice, but I wanted to know which night drainage bag can be used with this pouch?

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Gurwinder. Only the Soft outlet/Universal Connection will work with a night drainage bag, but you'll want to contact Coloplast to see what options will work for you. The only night drainage products they have on their website are either for urostomy or attaches to the flange (different system).

ReplyQuote
(@kathymac)

Just make sure you match up the pouch to the baseplate as they have different sizes.  Not interchangeable.  Found out hard way.  Call Coloplast to make sure you get the right baseplate that fits pouch you use. Kathy MacPherson GOD SAVE THE USA GOD BLESS OUR POLICE OFFICERS

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

Actually, Kathy, the really neat thing about these high-output bags is that you don't have to swap the actual bag out (like you need to with the Assura night drainage bag). You should be able to simply attach a drain to the end of the outlet (only the soft one) and have it drain into a larger bag or container. I have other systems that include the actual drain part, but I don't know what options Coloplast has for this application specifically. :)

ReplyQuote
(@ileo_chopper)

i have opted to go the coloplast route as far as products go.... and there good! if there has been problems for me its due to improper application or i moved to much and broke the seal and casued seepage and didnt change my appliance soon enough and cause skin damage... yada yada yada i love reading the product reviews on this website it is insightful and helpful.  however coloplast there are a few things i dont understand about you??? i have had problems with seepage from day one. i am very good with taking instruction and methodology of process.  thats the sort of thing i do daily in my profession!! the ET nurse measured my stoma while i was in the hospital to ensure that i would have samples waiting for me, sweet!.  so as part of the process the ET nurse sent my stoma measurements to coloplast... mean while i am going threw the process of changing appliance and measureing and looking at product guides and what i determined was that i needed a cut to fit wafer 10-45mm with a 50mm coupling. coloplast you have my measurements!! when i arrived home all the samples that i received where the wrong size??? i recieved from coloplast a cut to fit 10-35mm with a 40mm coupling?? anyone else have these problems?? i feel like i get the run around everytime i talk to them?? have you done this and this and if you say yes i have done all that, then they come around oh well this is a product that may suit your needs.... its like bread crumbs why dont you tell me about the latest and greatest??? i just dont get it???

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

Hey ileo_chopper. Are you getting these supplies from Coloplast directly or through a medical supplier? Do you know the size of your stoma? Sometimes, your stoma will be fine regardless of the flange size, but it is nice to be consistent.

ReplyQuote
(@ileo_chopper)

i get my supplies threw can med direct.  since i have been having problems i have been communicating directly with coloplast.  they will not sell to you directly. i do know the size of my stoma, the ET nurse measured in the hospital and sent them to coloplast thats why im so confused?? about getting supplies that are the wrong size? and yes thats what im going for is consistency... still need some more time is all.

ReplyQuote
(@kathymac)

I found that the transparent pouch is better than the other, because I can use Osto EZ vent with it.  The other makes it almost impossible to attach one.
KathyMac GOD SAVE THE USA GOD BLESS OUR POLICE OFFICERS

ReplyQuote
(@kathymac)

I have tried the nighttime collection bag and felt "cornered" with it.  I still have a problem with the "click" - getting it to stay together.  I superglue the 2 pieces together and use it as a one-piece.  Whatever works and this works for me.  Everyone finds a system that works for them or adjusts a system - adapt and prevail :)   KathyMac GOD SAVE THE USA GOD BLESS OUR POLICE OFFICERS

ReplyQuote
(@Gurwinder)

Hey guys. I ended up contacting coloplast and they sent me a sample of the 14010 night drainage bag. It works with both soft and tap outlets(I use the coloplast 18601 pouch).They also included this hanging clip if you will that is called Conveen 5070. With it you can hang it. I just hang on the side of my bed. It seems like when you hook up the pipe for the drainage bag to the outlet on the pouch that it will definitely fall off so I just wrapped the pipe end and pouch tap with some 3m micropore tape. With the tape it won't fall out and now I can finally have a good night sleep. There is not really any information on the web about it so I thought I will write this post to help anyone else who might me wondering.

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

Great info, Gurwinder. Thanks for sharing. With the tubing on the night drain bag, it seems like you have to have liquid output for it to pass through trouble-free, correct? I know many urostomates use a similar setup, but they don't have to worry about clogging those tubes like ileostomate/colostomates do.

ReplyQuote
(@Gurwinder Singh)

Yes. I usually have liquid output. It's a lot easier to drain the pouch in my opinion. It passes through the tubing just fine. I always had a problem during the night with the pouch ballooning with gas so even if my pouch was empty, it would be full of gas, during the day it wont do it. The coloplast filters go bad really quickly so the gas wont escape. I was always worried that I might get a blowout. So far that hasn't happened but now with the night drainage bag I am worry free.

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Donnie Ivey)

I disagree. I use the hard outlet and attach a night bag aka fistula bag. If you are talking about attaching a night urostomy bag that is different. I’ve been doing for 5 years now.

ReplyQuote
(@Donnie Ivey)

Very good to know. I was just telling my ostomy nurse yesterday that I wish you could use a coloplast bag with a Hollister new image wafer. I love the square cloth like large barrier on the Hollister, but the high output with soft tap outlet bag I don’t particularly care for. It is hard to use with out getting all over your hand. Then your left with only one had to tear toilet paper or get Kleenex.

ReplyQuote
(@Barbara)

The size you had after your surgery adjust afterwards for a few weeks. So you might be a different size now, so you need to remeasure and order accordingly.

ReplyQuote
Chelly
(@chelly)

Haha these huge bags bring back a memory for me. When I first had gotten my temporary loop Ostomy back in 2017 the nurse threw one of those in there in my take home stuff. Well, here I am brand new at this stuff and was having trouble putting on my bags so I thought ok if I can get this one on I won’t have to worry till the next day and could go in to see the nurses. Well, of course they were booked up so I went to the ER lol!!! To get the bag changed!!!! Can you imagine? They were smiling and very kind even though I should not be in the ER for this but they sent the stoma nurse down from the hospital floor and she was like why do you have on this big huge thing? Back then it was a serious problem to me but now I can look back and laugh. Thanks for the memory. I’m sure these do come in handy for people who have massive output. I kind of liked the plug at the end. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2