Community Forums

Product Experience/Questions: Brava Protective Ring  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
May 9, 2017 4:50 pm  

Kae, what about other factors apart from how you actually applied it? Number of showers, physical activity, clothes/accessories worn, etc? Perhaps something else is causing heat/pressure on various days and you aren't noticing. 

FYI: My video review is UP.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Kae
 Kae
(@kae)
Registered
May 18, 2017 1:30 pm  

I still have not figured out what caused the seal to stick so much. The 5th change was fairly clean, did not stick really bad but I went five days between changes, so longer wear may affect the outcome. I did chat with Coloplast a bit and they suggested I try not using the skin prep.

So for my 6th change I used the half ring applied directly to the wafer, no skin prep (barrier wipes or stoma powder), and applied without heat. I got six days wear out of that application. When I changed, I thought it was going to stick, and it did - very slightly - in a spot about the size of the unsharpened end of a #2 pencil. So, not much at all. By day six it had begun to erode a bit, and while there were no leaks, I feel like the integrity of the seal had been compromised. Skin looked good.

For my 7th change, I have repeated the previous application, and will be sure to change this one at 5 days. 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
May 18, 2017 1:58 pm  

Glad you're getting such great results, Kae! 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Please Login or Register