Clear all

Pouch liners and concealment

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Topic starter  

Eric, the pouch liner.. have u/anyone tried them?  I would think they would bunch up and make more of an "advertisement" that there IS a pouch under our pants. I try to re-direct this image...………… But some like to show it off, clear pouch and all which I think is discusting.   anyone want to take a go at this?  Apperance wise??????????

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Hi Marcie, 

Yes, I've tried a few brands (there aren't very many companies making them). 

They tend to be really thin, so they don't puff out your bag or anything like that. You do need to leave a bit of it sticking out and over your flange, and that may be crinkly, but it's not so bad. 

Clear bags - I wear them, but always wear a cover or band.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)

Dear Donna,

Welcome to the forum. I am a recent colostomate (surgery: 5/15/18). Though my circumstances were different - I had colorectal cancer and diverticulosis - and knew that I would be a permanent colostomate - I do understand the feelings you are having. Just remember that things will get better and that it's best to take things day-by-day. I must admit, I am still getting into the swing of things, but I am feeling better than I have in years. You will, too. Hang in there. My prayers go out to you.

Stella 

ReplyQuote