Clear all

Hernia belt with coloplast Mio click  

RSS

JTVT
 JTVT
(@jtvt)
Registered
February 29, 2020 12:53 pm  

Anyone use a Nu-hope or other hernia belt with the Mio Click 2 piece system? How tight were your measurements around the flange (and attached belt loops)? Did the locking mech fit over the belt without any issues? Also what width did you get? Based on their website, nu-hope would recommend 3” for me as this would be the narrowest I could fit over my 2-1/2 in flange but it seems narrow. I should add, I’m hoping for hernia prevention so looking at the flat band. Any shared experiences would be greatly appreciated. 

Jattzl
(@jattzl)
Registered
March 1, 2020 2:30 pm  

I have had terrible luck with hernia belts. Actually tried 5 belts. All measured by doctor and the ostomy nurses. None of them worked. Because of where my stoma is and a very small waist so a waist/hip ratio difference ALL them slid up and either ended up on top of my stoma or crunching up the bag. The only answer for me so far is my own two hands and pressing. Not very efficient or safe and cumbersome to say the least. 🤦🏼‍♀️

51 years Type 1 Diabetes, insulin pump, CGM, neurological complications, retinopathy, and autoimmune CIDP. Nerve damage led to ileostomy in 1/2015.

JTVT liked
ReplyQuote
JTVT
 JTVT
(@jtvt)
Registered
March 2, 2020 9:30 pm  

@jattzl

Thanks for sharing your experience. I’ve never used one before but I get a sharp/pressure-like sensation under my stoma when I do things that engage my abdominal muscles, as well as mild prolapse and I’d like to be able to be as active as I can without lifting restrictions. Was hoping a hernia belt may provide some additional support as well as prevent a hernia in the first place. Sounds like it may not serve the purpose of limiting prolapse!

Jattzl liked
ReplyQuote
Jattzl
(@jattzl)
Registered
March 3, 2020 12:59 pm  

@jtvt

Posted by: @jtvt

I get a sharp/pressure-like sensation under my stoma when I do things that engage my abdominal muscles, as well as mild prolapse and I’d like to be able to be as active as I can without lifting restrictions.

I have the same problem!  Pain and slight prolapse and small hernia.  I live alone and need to lift and do physical work myself which is why I tried so hard to find something.  I'm not sure what to do really.  Sadly I don't know if I wasn't informed by hospital or if I just don't remember due to medication and being overwhelmed after surgery.  But in the first 6-8 weeks after initial surgery I was feeling good and just doing light housework when the hernia happened.  Been dealing with it since.  Let's hope someone has some advice for us.  

51 years Type 1 Diabetes, insulin pump, CGM, neurological complications, retinopathy, and autoimmune CIDP. Nerve damage led to ileostomy in 1/2015.

ReplyQuote