Clear all

Chinese products

9 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@derek)
Topic starter  

Hi.

I am currently using hollister 2 piece convex but am trying to reduce my costs.

Have seen a chinese supplier called bao health who are about half the price.just wondered if anyone has tried them.

Some chinese products are junk but some are very good.

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

I wish I could order up some Chinese products to test, but the opportunity hasn't happened yet. 

What country do you live in? The US? There are several brands that offer low-cost supplies - I've tried a few (haven't formally reviewed them) and several do work as good as you'd expect. But understand that if you are getting decent wear time and your skin looks good with the Hollister 2pc convex, you may not be saving money with another product. Convexity is where you're spending the most money, the two-piece is next.

Have you tried any one-piece convex products? 1pc tends to be cheaper than 2pc. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
(@derek)
Topic starter  

Hi eric.

I live in mexico and really seems limited to three or four big players whos prices unsurprisingly are all similar. For a normal flat wafer i pay 95 pesos , for convex 150 pesos.this is from a hollister major wholesaler who gives me 18%discount for some reason.

Not tried the one piece ,will get prices and give it a try .

Have sent the chinese company an email and await their reply.if i go ahead will keep you informed.

• Saw them on alibaba site and are called bao health for your info.they also have their own site but wasnt so informative.
  • Will keep you updated.
  • Thanks for the info and all the best.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Good luck with the Chinese supplier. My hesitation about ordering them (I would imagine you need to order a large quantity) is that if they don't work for you in the short or long term, you'll be losing money. 

And that's assuming they give you the same reliability as your current appliance without the need for extra products (i.e. barrier rings). 

Please let us know what happens. I'd be interested in hearing about it. 

Out of curiosity, have you tried sourcing some lower cost brands from the US? Shipping might be cheaper and the products may be better supported. 

ReplyQuote
(@derek)
Topic starter  

Quantities are ok.depending on the company whoever so far not found any convex suppliers which is what i prefer.

As regards cheaper manufacturers in u.s. who are they?

We have a delivery service in my village where stuff gets sent to laredo then once a month shipped here.not expensive so might be a good option.

Would be grateful for other supplier names to contact.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Posted by: Derek

As regards cheaper manufacturers in u.s. who are they?
Try: 

http://www.securitusa.com/

and 

http://sns-medical.com/

I do see that Securi-T has convex appliances, but I don't' see that Safe N Simple does. You may want to inquire. I'm sure there are other brands, but those two come to mind. 

Another thing you may want to consider if you're wearing a two-piece system are ostomy bag liners. They slip into your pouch and can be removed/replaced without needing to throw away your ostomy bag. 

I have an article on them:  https://www.veganostomy.ca/mini-guide-to-ostomy-pouch-liners/

Although these are marketed as "flushable", I would use caution:  https://www.veganostomy.ca/are-pouch-liner-flushable/

ReplyQuote
(@derek)
Topic starter  

Thanks eric.will investigate.

Cheers.

ReplyQuote
(@bubbles)

Yes as Eric said a one piece is way less than a two piece . Try that in the Hollister brand .   Just might solve your problem. 

Be well, Bubbles 

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
(@derek)
Topic starter  

An looking in to that as well.thanks for all the advice and options.

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote