Community Forums

Changing appliances  

RSS

Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
March 8, 2018 11:27 am  

I have been using Coloplast SanSura mio appliances.  I have struggled with leaks, blowouts and really bad pancaking.  I got samples of convatech 2 piece with adhesive connection. So far I have had the longest wear (4 days), they have not had bad pancaking issues . So far the only issue is that the pouch material crinkles real loudly ( I tell people that Stella is wearing a petticoat) and it sticks o my skin. Using a pouch cover takes care of both.  Before I change I wanted to see if anyone out there had used them and had problems.  Thanks!!

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. Enough already!!

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
March 8, 2018 11:52 am  

Hi Barbara, Convatec 2 piece has been my preferred system, have only seen the adhesive 2 piece but not tried. Yep mine too can make noise!! the pouch can also stick to the side of the wafer after a few days of wear. the way I have always looked at these issues is, I get good results and piece of mind. That aside if the noise was an issue or making the wearer feel self conscious I can understand. but worst things can be happening. great to hear its working well for ye. I put some baby powder under the pouch, helps with the sticking!

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 8, 2018 3:05 pm  

Hi Barbara,

Crinkling pouches drive me crazy! Are you wearing a clear or opaque version?

I find that using a pouch cover can help a little with reducing pouch noise, so if that's an option for you, consider trying it :)

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
March 8, 2018 4:31 pm  

Thanks John.   I am feeling that way too... I like It so use it. Thanks for the baby powder isea, will try it 

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. Enough already!!

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
March 8, 2018 4:34 pm  
  • I am wearing the clear pouch and was wondering if the opaque would make less noise. I took a clear pouch and rubbed it around in my hands,and it seemed like the noise just came from the clear side. Going to ask for a sample.

Sasquatch liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 8, 2018 5:34 pm  
Posted by: Barbara

I am wearing the clear pouch and was wondering if the opaque would make less noise. 
It's possible that it can help. Some of the pouches I have are certainly more "quiet" in the opaque versions, but it depends on the material/brand/pouch size/etc... 

Can't hurt by trying :)

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
March 8, 2018 5:41 pm  

Ok, thanks. I'm going to request a sample of the opaque. I will let you know what happens.

ReplyQuote
Sasquatch
(@sasquatch)
Registered
March 8, 2018 7:06 pm  

I'd be willing to bet that the opaque ones are quieter, I know the Hollister ones don't make as much noise. Just depends on how they are made. 

UC since 2002, subtotal colectomy Dec. 2016, procolectomy TBD.

ReplyQuote
Kerby
(@lkerby33)
Registered
March 8, 2018 7:15 pm  

I wear a clear pouch, have had no noise issues. I wear Hollister.  I wasn't crazy about pouch covers. I wear wraps/tubes..tucks everything in, quiet. I've been lucky with my 2 piece. No serious issues. Because of Eric/ The Front Butt U Tube videos I've learned alot. My confidence level rose. :)

ReplyQuote
Kerby
(@lkerby33)
Registered
March 8, 2018 7:27 pm  

I use Hollister products. 

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
March 8, 2018 7:27 pm  

Thanks. I am ordering samples of the opaque and will let everyone know after I test ut.

Zvitusk and VeganOstomy liked
ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
March 17, 2018 5:04 pm  

I got the convatech opaque two piece and have been using them.  They are much quieter. Still a bit of "crinkle". But not too bad at all.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register