Notifications
Clear all

New to this site

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@pamangione49)
Topic starter  

Hello I have had an ileostomy for 9 yrs.    In the past 4 years I found out I have a gluten intolerance issue.   I need to eat gluten free plus doing plant base.   I noticed a post 4 months ago.  I would to talk to that person.   I did not get the name.   When I eat plant base like beans, broccoli, chickpeas my pouch blows up like a balloon.   I have tried to soak the beans overnight to cut down on the gas or even adding baking soda but it doesn't seem to help. So I avoid beans.   I can however, eat refried beans a small amount.  I know having an ostomy causes all of us to have gas in our pouches but mine is horrible.  I avoid gluten, pasta, breads are the worse.    I wonder how this person handles his ostomy.

Thank you.

Patti 

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Welcome to the forums, Patti!

I've started a new thread to help troubleshoot your gas problem! Let's continue this conversation here: https://www.veganostomy.ca/community/newbie-help/tackling-gas-with-an-ostomy/

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

Hi Patti, I have just been learning about the EZ Vent, I ordered some, put them on the pouch,  it is such a fabulous change for me. I can not believe I went from 2008 with out the vent. So much less embarrassing for me.  I love beans and vegies.I am not vegan...sorry Eric. I too think that there is something to the M9 deodorant that helps to minimize gas. From the time I started using it, there has been a huge lack of the gas. But I found it mostly troubling when I was away from the house or in bed at night. With no appropriate place to vent it. Using the vent has eliminated those concerns. But the amount of so much gas has changed since using the M9.  Hollister used to have samples of it, that was how I discovered it. Oh, and of course, Eric gets honorable mention here too. Watch as many videos of his as you can if you have not yet done so. I still re-watch them and learn something each time. I hope things settle down for you. Also, I have found bread is very bad for gas for me.

Linda

Linda

ReplyQuote
(@bubbles)

Have you tried taking Beano . It's over the counter . Might help. 

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)

Hi Patti sorry I can't help you much with this I don't have much of a gas problem . Just wanted to say welcome to the group

Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote