Clear all

Hi; just joined

8 Posts
4 Users
11 Likes
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Topic starter  

I truly appreciate this VeganOstomy website and especially enjoy the Dressing With an Ostomy (for the ladies) ideas. My surgery for colorectal cancer was last April 30 and I have been doing well, learning a lot, and adjusting - it has been pretty wild sometimes, though! Thank you Eric and all the members; visiting here is a real boost to the morale.

Colostomy 4/30/18.
I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

LK, john68 and VeganOstomy reacted
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you found us ?

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

LLNorth...Welcome and I am glad you find the information helpful and useful. Many have good advice and information and a pat on the back if you need one.  By leaving your questions, ideas and best wishes gives others a chance to learn something  that may be new to them.  I am so glad you are ding well. Cancer is such a nasty thing to deal with. My Dad is dealing with it also. Now this is coming from me...an illiterate computer person....Eric has done a great job  making this site easy for even someone old like me to get around on. I felt completely alone before I found this site. I knew of no one with a stoma who was help in any way, so imagine my surprise when I stumbled on Eric site. The things I read were like reviewing most of what I went thru. I did not know whether to laugh or cry. So, I signed up. You can read some of the members history by clicking on their names under their picture to the left. Let me encourage you to write your story with your info. there also.

Best of health to you.

Linda 

Linda

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Topic starter  

Hi LK

i received your private message but cannot reply yet (the site says I can’t yet) but thank you for contacting me. The second L is my maiden name. You are right, reading the posts in VeganOstomy is so much help and I am grateful for the company. It is wonderful of Eric to do this. Thank you again, and I will reply when that opens up for me.

Linda

Colostomy 4/30/18.

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)

This blog made me feel normal again.. NOT AN OUT CAST of sorts.. What I learned and how I managed of ideas of my own to succeed of my comforts, which I passed on, made me feel appreciated within myself, but to those here.  IT takes awhile (I hate that word "time) to find what works for YOU--but to all new members, The learnings/education -minuses text book- starts here only!! This is a reality channel - Handle with care.. best always. Marcie.

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

LLNorth and LK reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Posted by: LLNorth

Hi LK

i received your private message but cannot reply yet (the site says I can’t yet) but thank you for contacting me.

Not to derail this thread, but there's a minimum post limit of 5 before private messages can be sent/replied to. This is to avoid spam accounts from private messaging users. 

It a little inconvenient, but a lot better than getting junk spam in your private messages! A few most posts and you'll be able to reply :)

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK and john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

LLNorth... thank you for letting me know. I appreciate that a lot. I did not know about the limit thing Eric has set up, but it is a great  idea when you think of it. We are protected because of it.  Very clever Eric.

I so agree with Marcie.  I allowed myself to relax about things a little more when I realized that I was not so alone in the world with these issues and pouches and wipes, and sprays, and rashes or sores from leaks.  Sleepless nights and not sure how to conquer that leak.  All of a sudden some of the confusion made sense.  So yes, a great big thank you to you Eric!  We are safe here. Now if anyone has been there with the malnourishment.....anyways.....Thank you all.  Hey, I think I pulled off short.

Linda

ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Topic starter  

Good to know - thank you, Eric.

Colostomy 4/30/18.

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote