Clear all

Hello

9 Posts
4 Users
5 Likes
(@pjs018)
Topic starter  

Hi

I am new here, I have been dealing with my colostomy bag now since June 2018. I had my colon rupture than, and they had to do emergency surgery. So here I am now with a colostomy bag caused by diverticulitis and rupture.

I do have my reversal surgery scheduled for January 2019

I have been having some pain though in my lower abdomen lately again, kinda making me nervous...

thanks for listening

VeganOstomy reacted
(@john68)

Hi pjs018, welcome there are lots of info here to help working with the Ostomy and the reversal. Any unknown pains don’t be shy to report to the medical staff. 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pjs018)
Topic starter  

thanks for feedback

I actually emailed my dr. and he said that they cut out the infected part already.

but there still is diverticuli still in my colon that  saw pics of when I had a colonoscopy back in August.

Hopefully it doesn't flare up

LK and VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Welcome, pjs018! 

Thank you for sharing your story. Keep giving your doctor updates of your progress. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
(@pjs018)
Topic starter  

thnx vegan

I watched your videos when I first got home from hospital

thnx for feedback

I hope my colon isn't busting again

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

pjs018, I hope so too. But do as Eric said, let your doctor know on a regular basis if it is bothering an keep track on paper or in a journal  about how bad the pin is, that good ole' journal suggestion in the the preparing for surgery segment, start right away if you have not and keep it for keeping track of your gut and surgeries, there dates, medical tests and results, reactions to food and meds and so forth. If you ever end up in the hospital without warning, you will appreciate having the info close by as it can be hard when you have an ongoing health matter and the Doctor asks for details. It is a good thing to share to paramedics also. Your medical number, important phone numbers and family numbers too. You won't need dimes for  pay hone, but make sure your charge is handy also. Make sure you always get it back as soon as they are done with it. Between meds and pain, it can be really hard to remember these details in a hurry, this eliminates guessing and errors. I truly hope things go well for you.

Linda

ReplyQuote
(@pjs018)
Topic starter  

thank you, for the advice

ReplyQuote
(@pjs018)
Topic starter  

also I was wondering, is there a possibility my reversal surgery may not go according to plan, meaning that they can't reverse it? and what would be the reason?

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Posted by: pjs018

also I was wondering, is there a possibility my reversal surgery may not go according to plan, meaning that they can't reverse it? and what would be the reason?

There are always risks and other factors that might make a reversal impossible or not desirable. 

Your surgeon would be the one to give specifics, but it could range from things like disease state to complications resulting from surgery. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote