Community Forums

Finally introduction after 9mths  

RSS

LilKermit
(@lilkermit)
Registered
April 15, 2018 6:22 pm  

I finally decided to introduce myself! I have been on this site for 8months following along on all the great info!

I am an ovarian cancer survivor for 11yrs(since I was 30yrs) In 2017 I got a colostomy because my tumours decided to invade my sigmoid. Lucky for me this was not my first surgery. It was my 4th... pre 2107 I had a tonne of blockages ... yeah NG Tubes, Chemo for 6months and very little organs left..  Besides my wonderful long relationship with cancer and now this colostomy I am married to a kick ass husband who has seen me through thick and thin many times. We have 3 cats who are my babies. I love concerts and travel! I also live on the east coast in NB and work in the technology field 😄

Recently my cancer has returned so heading back into surgery again soon. I am going to post a topic on what’s happening, so I may get some advice from the pros! 

I am looking forward to chatting with everyone! 

Zvitusk, john68, Tony H and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
April 15, 2018 7:15 pm  

Hey, LilKermit!

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for sharing your story - I'm sorry that you've had these continued health challenges, but I'm so glad to hear that you have the support and attitude to power through it!!

I would love to hear updates on what's going on with your surgery, so please keep us posted. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LilKermit and Zvitusk liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
April 15, 2018 9:05 pm  

Welcome to you LilKermit,

I am happy you decided to join the chorus here and share what you know and ask question if you don't.

I hope your upcoming surgery goes well. And it is so great you have a supporting partner! I too am very lucky in that area. We will all be pulling for a quick recovery.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
April 15, 2018 10:20 pm  

Lilkermit, 

welcome 🌺, 

I wish you all the best on your upcoming surgery. You have a awesome Hubby . Keep us posted . 

Bubbles

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
April 16, 2018 8:57 am  

Hi Lilkermit, The very best to you and your hubby, love yer icon!! being called a Muppet where I come from is a friendly term of endearment! lol.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
April 17, 2018 10:40 am  

Hi Lilkermit . Welcome to the group you can receive a lot of info here as you already know . Sounds like you have been through a lot and still more on the way . But sounds like you have Great support by your husband that makes a big difference . I also have a Great wife who supports me . Anyway just wanted to say welcome and Best of everything to you with your upcoming surgery .

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

LilKermit liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register