Notifications
Clear all

Toilet Etiquette  

RSS

john68
(@john68)
Registered
April 3, 2018 9:28 am  

Hi All, What the heck is this post going to be about lol, its a subject I see mentioned on here back and forth. Sitting on the loo!!!! In fact I have never changed position even though my plumbing has. I just sit back a little further. I did try sitting facing the wrong way to see what it was like (I really need to get out more) and my poor ole legs where killing me. plus I felt that I was going to fall of!! but here their is no right or wrong way!! what ever way you use the BIG WHITE TELEPHONE and it works spot on!!

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

Robert liked
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
April 3, 2018 11:30 am  

You see John, while I don't have an a- hole, I do have a great big tuchus. Only way that I don't splash little brown dots on my pants is if i sit backwards, with my tuchus half on, half off. It is a lot less miserable then walking around with those tiny dots of brown  on my legs. I feel freaky enough as it is.

Thank you for this opportunity to vent and for getting it off my chest. 

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
April 4, 2018 11:55 am  

I had to stop sitting when my rectal wound made it uncomfortable to, so I kneel 99% of the time (squatted stand if the public toilet I'm using is really dirty). 

From what I understand about toilets, some countries have much larger bowls than others, so sitting may not even be a good option for those with smaller toilet bowls. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
April 4, 2018 2:47 pm  

I don't kneel for anything. 

Seriously , the knees are still working , just.

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
April 12, 2018 4:46 pm  

I agree with all you gentleman . Right after my surgery but at home not going out yet I would kneel on the floor but it killed my knees when I got back up . And the thought of having to do that in a public loo was not something I was looking forward to . I haven't tried the backwards thing like Z said I think I would fall off !! Haha . I can only sit on the loo if its one of the elongated ones but even then the pants go down so they don't get in the way but I still worry about the little spots like Z . 99% of the time I stand bend at the knees and take care of business . Still gotta be careful of the splash though .

Subtotal colectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Registered
April 16, 2018 5:41 pm  

How I empty at home is a little different to most people I think , I have bad arthritis in most of my joints and find squatting down on the toilet very painful ,

my solution is to empty into a large plastic jug with some ‘just a drop’ in some water to contain the fumes ,I then rinse with water a few times and Im done

I can’t obviously use this method away from home so if im out and need to empty I just change the bag . 

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
April 17, 2018 7:48 am  

Hi Tony, necessity is the mother of invention! joint pain is no joke and why add any more distress when theirs another way.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

Tony H liked
ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Registered
April 17, 2018 7:53 am  

It’s funny really John before the op my joint pain was not that bad but since the op its much worse but to be honest I can deal with pain and my life is so much better with an ostomy .

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
April 17, 2018 2:08 pm  

We have all at one time or another used a chamberpot . It , in its modern form, is made of plastic or stainless steel. The common problem with them is that they have to be emptied. 'Nuff said.

The need for this kind of discussion is of great importance . 1. Newbies need to hear about options . 2. Nothing is that sacred that we can't talk about it in the anominity of this forum. If we live it, so does the other guy. If we are too squeemish , others will stumble and fall.

That is my opinion .

Z

ReplyQuote