Notifications
Clear all

Toilet access  

RSS

john68
(@john68)
Registered
March 3, 2018 12:24 pm  

Hi All, Most of us may be passed the stage where we need the bathroom and fast, but I have seen myself out a very full pouch and can,t see a public loo insight. the next port of call is to use one in a café/shop etc. I have seen a few stories in the papers over here about ostomates who have been denied access. I do know here in the UK we can get a "can,t wait card" plus it would be even more needful for any one who is still waiting surgery.

https://www.theibsnetwork.org/cant-wait-card/

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

Robert liked
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
March 3, 2018 2:04 pm  

Hey There John

That card sounds like a handy thing to have but I have never heard of that over her . I have heard stories about Peelers going into a certain coffee shop here and being denied use of the loo . But then also heard that the people in the coffee shop got in trouble or fired . But the card does sound like a handy thing to have .

Subtotal colectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
March 3, 2018 2:10 pm  

Hey Robert, I have been meaning to get one for years, also I believe a key can be acquired to open disabled loo,s. Their is one business where ye can,t be denied to use the toilet and that is in a pub/bar, reason its a "public house" that is the case here not sure about else where.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 4, 2018 3:16 am  

I've seen similar cards over here, although I honestly don't know if it makes a difference to a stubborn shop employee. 

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone's had success using one of these cards. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote