Clear all

Support Hand  

RSS

Rick
 Rick
(@rick)
Registered
August 24, 2020 5:44 pm  

This might sound strange..but..anyone have a habit of “supporting” your bag with hand, or cupping your stoma while walking around house?

Also even stranger, being an avid gardener, has anyone used output in garden?

LK and ChrisandBagpus liked
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
August 24, 2020 6:46 pm  

Hi Rick. 

I often cup my hand over Squeaky outside my clothes, not for any particular reason. When I let my bag get a little fuller than I like, I will sometimes hold it while I walk to the bathroom. 

As for me, I have never emptied the contents anywhere other than a toilet. 

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

LK and ChrisandBagpus liked
ReplyQuote
ChrisandBagpus
(@chrisandbagpus)
Registered
August 25, 2020 5:16 am  
Posted by: @rick

You might be joining the Chinese countryside farmer it what I'm told its what they do. :mrgreen:

composting human waste is not a new idea. No reason why not just depends on the drugs and other toxic substance you ingest might be an issue. The composting toilet was invented before the Crapper (Thomas Crapper & Co in London,) :lol: 

Colostomy Jan 2020

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
August 25, 2020 3:03 pm  
Posted by: @rick

This might sound strange..but..anyone have a habit of “supporting” your bag with hand, or cupping your stoma while walking around house?

I'm totally guilty of doing this! It's like a fidget toy! hahaha

"Humanure" is actually a practice used all over the world. I believe that if it's done safely, you can absolutely do it. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
August 25, 2020 6:47 pm  

I do this too. Mostly to keep the output off the the top of my stoma and down into the bag. I try not to do this in public ( but now with Covid and sheltering , bad habits are just waiting to take hold). Might not be as bad as nose picking or nail biting??? 

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
August 26, 2020 10:39 am  

Yes...I have to say I do the same thing in such a protective nanner you would think there was a baby on board! Lol!

Linda

ReplyQuote
dogtalkerer
(@dogtalkerer)
Registered
August 26, 2020 2:50 pm  

well I'll have to say no, I don't worry about covering the stoma .  it really needs very little protection, intestine is tough material once well healed.  , the bag is a good protection device.    I have a 60lb dog who jumps on me, amazing how often he hits the stoma dead on with his big paw. he's nearly knocked me over several times. no stoma harm.

your garden probably doesn't like the pH of fresh waste, build a little compost site. I think 1 or 2 yrs in compost pile first is recommended. c

ReplyQuote