Community Forums

Spotty Stoma, pic i...

Spotty Stoma, pic included  

RSS

FelicityG
(@felicityg)
Registered
January 16, 2018 3:05 pm  

For some reason I have spots on my stoma, located around the mouth/ output. I've not been bumped or jostled, clothings not been tight. Currently have a call out to see if I should see the Dr or see the Ostomy Nurse...

Update: Contacted the Surgeon, he's not super concerned, sending me to see the Wound Ostomy Nurse tomorrow.

1516133112-Oscar-Spots.jpg

Crohn's Colitis, Ilieostomy, Proctocolectomy November 2017

Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
January 16, 2018 11:49 pm  

Tell us what she said about the stoma. I am  curious. 

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
January 17, 2018 4:12 am  

Hi Felicity, you had a strange coating on your stoma a while back, would it be the same thing?

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
FelicityG
(@felicityg)
Registered
January 17, 2018 6:40 am  

Maybe, figured I'd man up and arrange a visit to see what the hell is ip. I've read it could be keloid, it could be ischemic ulcers (basically got pinched and developed a sore)...

Just noticed how nice that skin looks... Sometimes hard to appreciate it when you're trying to get the flange back on before the stoma does it's Geyser act.

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
January 17, 2018 10:44 am  

Hey Felicity I can't help you with the spots but yes your skin looks really good around Oscar . Do you use a flat barrier ?

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
January 17, 2018 11:37 am  

They do look like ulcers, but I'd also be interested in hearing how the appointment goes.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
FelicityG
(@felicityg)
Registered
January 17, 2018 2:44 pm  

Welp, adventure to see the wonderful Dee at the hospital. Showed her the pic, then she checked out the actual spot. Yes, by that time it had dwindled to one little sesame sized fleck. She feels that it is a yeast infection but that my body is knocking it out and is not going to treat it. She said likely tomorrow it will be gone.

Robert: Flat flange from Hollister, paste around the stoma hole. I use a no sting adhesive remover to take the old flange off, then wipe around with adhesive remover. I use warm water on a washcloth to clean the area and that is all.

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
January 23, 2018 10:00 pm  

FelicityG...How are your spots?  I had similar spots one time and realized that the aspirin I had to take for my heart was causing the blood vessels to weaken and then  some would bleed.  I have SVT with an arrythmia and and also a blood clotting disorder called Anit-phospholipid Antibodies and  Anti-Nuclear Antibodies.  If I do not take aspirin for one day I can feel the blood flowing thur my veins.  It is very wierd, kind of like ants climbing on me.    I either clot od I do not clot.  I was wondering if this might be an issue for you also.

I hope it goes away and stays away.

Linda

Linda

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
January 24, 2018 10:21 am  

Felicity, what did the dr. day about this?  Hope all is well. Marcie.

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register