Community Forums

Shingles anyone .  

RSS

Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
July 20, 2018 12:31 am  

I have come down with Shingles on my back . It's creeping to my side today . I am freaking out it will get to Bubbles area ( stoma) . I am on mega meds to stop the spread . I never  had this before .

My back started hurting I thought I pulled something. But the pain got so intense a deep throbbing pain . Then I thought I was having another kidney stone the pain was similar.  Then I went to rub some Ben Gay on and felt the bumps . Holy cow this pain is horrible . Hurts to the core . 

Anyone  have Shingles ? . Did it reach your stoma area ? 

Yall please pray for me . I am scared . I don't want Bubbles to get hurt . I love her 😍 

ReplyQuote
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Registered
July 20, 2018 2:14 am  

Bubbles,

Had Shingles last July same symptoms as you with the worst back pain.  Doctor prescribed meds but the pain lasted for a few weeks. It never interfered with my Ostomy or stoma.  Although the doctor prescribed a pain killer, I never took them.  It just has to run it's course.  I'm fine now and plan to get the new shingles vaccine.

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
July 20, 2018 2:51 am  

Hi Bubbles, a few years back I took chickenpox which is the same virus. never had them as a child and was pretty sick followed by the spots and a rash. it never interfered with my stoma. Shingles loves any one with a lowered immune system! Don,t use any type of antibiotic cream on it as it will only slow the healing down. Try and keep it cool by wearing loose fitting clothes, take paracetamol for the pain and use a cool compress (a bag of frozen veg wrapped in a towel or wet cloth a few times a day is a help. If haven't already see yer doctor. Like you I was afraid of it getting near my stoma but it stayed clear. Yes I will remember you in my prayers Bubbles, ye take care :-) 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
July 20, 2018 1:17 pm  

Aw crap! I'm really sorry to hear that, Bubbles. 

What you describe does not sound nice, but I do hope it passes quickly! John makes some great suggestions that I hope helps you.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Zvitusk and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
oriharakaoru
(@oriharakaoru)
Registered
July 20, 2018 2:04 pm  

I had shingles several years ago. Glad to hear you're on meds, because they help if it's in the early stages. Mine was caught early enough (I was actually at a GI appointment and just asked about the bumps - I had no idea what they were), so the meds helped a lot. They were indeed on the same side as my stoma, but never interfered with its operation. Hope you start to feel better soon!

ReplyQuote
Linda Knelsen
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
July 20, 2018 3:15 pm  

Bubbles.....Oh my. You are in  for a real trial period. Before I even read your plea for prayer, I prayed for you and for healing. I do believe in the power of prayer. I believe that it is the reason I am still alive. My father in law had shingles once and he suffered terribly. The most I have to consider your pain with is the anklylosing spondilitis on my spine...it has nerve root damage. I can not imagine what you are going thru. You have my sympathy and my prayers. Please keep us up on how it is going for you and what worked best. I have an ileostomy, so every time I tend my pouch I will say a prayer for you. Get your rest if you can. Heal well.

Linda

ReplyQuote
Empoweringpts9
(@alilimo9)
Registered
July 24, 2018 3:03 am  

Hi. I had shingles years ago. Fortunately/unfortunately it was pre-ostomy. Ironically, mine was on my buttcheek, so it was torture with my disease symptoms. Taking the meds, living off of gently placed anti-itch cream, and oatmeal baths were what saved me. If you use the anti-itch, you can’t spread it. You have to dab it and can’t reuse the same utensil or finger to put it on. You’ll get through this!

ReplyQuote
Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
July 24, 2018 1:55 pm  

Hi guys , 

I had to stop taking the Shingles's medicine because it was hurting my liver . I believe i took it long enough to a least stop the spreading  and spare Bubbles . I am down to 4 Advil a day for pain . I tell you what . This Shingles's stuff ain't for sissys . Oh boy talk about pain that brings you to your knees . Yowzer I pray I never get it again . 

I can not take any type of vaccines for prevention. 

Thank you for your prayers , Bubbles  💕💕💕

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
July 24, 2018 2:45 pm  

Oh Bubbles !!!!!!!!!!!  I did not know u had shingles!!!!  That is a horrible thing to have sweet one!!  You/we don't deserve that!!! ( am going to get my shot this week!!)  

My husband got it in China on business.  He work up and called down to the American nurse, and she took him to the E.R. Gave him a shot and got it so early he did not get it full force.  But he looked like a burn victim for 3 months.. 

I am so sorry for you!!! How long have u had this?  Sending prayers to you and hope you wake up tomorrow and it will be gone !!! IT comes on fast and goes fast.. Best wish's always Marcie..  And Hugs!!!! 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

Zvitusk liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register