Community Forums

Rectum finally remo...

Rectum finally removed 3 weeks ago. Having ache in penis after ejaculation. Temporary?  

RSS

PeculiarVeggie824
(@peculiarveggie824)
Registered
February 20, 2019 3:23 am  

Hi Eric and everyone!

I have a sigmoid colostomy and I finally had my bothersome rectum removed 3 weeks ago.  Things have been mostly great so far.

I have resumed sexual activities in the past few days and I noticed that I get this VERY tense ache in my penis after orgasm and ejaculation. This ache REALLY increases in intensity when I get an erection and it's always after ejaculation.

To those who had this surgery, i'm wondering if this is all temporary and whether or not I should stop all sexual activities for now.

LK liked
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
February 20, 2019 9:23 am  

Welcome to the forums!

It's possible that the pains are simply from the fact that you had surgery and things are still healing.

Do you have a follow up appointment scheduled with your surgeon? Definitely mention this. I think that as long as things are working, the pain will eventually go away. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK liked
ReplyQuote
PeculiarVeggie824
(@peculiarveggie824)
Registered
March 8, 2019 1:50 am  

Thanks for your replies everyone.

It's been 5 weeks post-op and my penis still hurts during erection after ejaculation. My surgeon doesn't know what it is and never encountered anyone with such a problem but he think it's transient.

But at 5 weeks post-op, i'm starting to get worried. Should I see a urologist???

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
March 8, 2019 3:43 am  

Hi PeculliarVeggie824...I am not an owner of a penis, but my hubby had one.  I do know that it can take some time for swelling to settle down after surgery. There are so many nerves in that area and the swelling can put pressure on the nerves. After most abdominal surgery, sex is not usually recommended for 6 weeks, and usually the doctor will tell you when you can continue with that practice. If in doubt ask.  Because of the area of interest and your  concern and pain it would certainly not hurt to see a urologist about this issue. He does a lot of surgery in that area and knows it well. You are right to question this problem. When we have that six week period to rest and recovery time away from work after surgery, it allows the swelling and often stitches you can "not" see time to go away.  Even after a laparoscopy type surgery, healing time can be just as long. The area of interest is a delicate one and if you feel better seeing a urologist go, it is not worth being sorry later. But swelling  can take time to go away and is a fussy thing to deal with. I injured my little finger years ago and it still swells and causes pain. Doctor said it was a soft tissue injury. Maybe try icing the area a bit, but use a towel in between the ice and your skin until you see the doctor of choice. Make notes and write down your questions so you do not miss a thing you need to ask. Doctors appreciate a list as much as you will having your questions answered and write down the answers so or record your visit if he is okay with it. I wish you the best outcome with this matter. 

Linda

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 8, 2019 9:56 am  
Posted by: PeculiarVeggie824

But at 5 weeks post-op, i'm starting to get worried. Should I see a urologist???

A urologist would be the expert in this department, so that's what I would recommend. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK liked
ReplyQuote
PeculiarVeggie824
(@peculiarveggie824)
Registered
March 9, 2019 8:39 pm  

Cheers Eric. I'm going to wait and see if it gets better for now. It definitely is much better than it was in the early days after the surgery, but still painful. So my hopes are high.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register