Rectal discharge co...

Notifications

Rectal discharge color ?  

RSS

Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
June 25, 2018 8:03 pm  

Hi guys  i have an Ileostomy. Doc left a small section of descending colon so I have the common discharge associated with this . I notice my discharge is all kinds of crazy colors. From almost clear mucus  to a caramel colored oatmeal.  Is this normal ? Do you guys have changes in color . I can go 1-3 days before I feel pressure that if only relieved with discharge.  

Thanks for any info you can share . 

Be well , Bubbles 

john68
(@john68)
Registered
June 26, 2018 2:59 am  

Hi Bubbles, I take form yer post you are familiar with having the discharge? its about the colour you are asking about! I still have my stump as well and I can say that mostly it is clear but yes it can also be the caramel colour you describe and I would pass it around the same time frame as you. As you known having the stump brings a risk and we should always have it checked and report any concerns.

ReplyQuote
Sasquatch
(@sasquatch)
Registered
June 26, 2018 6:42 am  

I get about the same color range you guys do, but I get discharge daily, sometimes multiple times per day.  It's never gotten so urgent that I have to find a toilet right away or anything like that.  I once in a while will still pass some blood as well.  Whatever is left of my colon and my rectal stump must still have some disease present.  I gotta tough through it for a few more months, I am planning on having the stump removed this fall.

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
June 26, 2018 9:50 am  

I also have  the discharge. and it varies through that same color range. Except that I have no bleeding. 

Last May , before my flex-sig, I asked my GI doctor about it again and she said its perfectly normal. Its the stump's only way of getting rid of waste cells. I do have an annual Flex-sig to check for any abnormalities and so far so good.

ReplyQuote
Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
June 26, 2018 10:27 am  

Thank you all for your replies . Glad to know I am " normal" . I have not reached a one year mark but do plan on having a scope done then .

you guys are the best👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
June 26, 2018 1:11 pm  

Good luck Dona !! 

I remembered your remark a bit ago when I had pneumonia again, you said, for someone that is dehydrated and need fluids weekly-having trouble keeping in fluids, I sure get the fluids in weird places.  well-I just got out of the hospital today and I have fluid around my heart.  Which is VERY  painful.. (caused by stress) May have to drain it.. (whoopie)-- strange fluid Hopefully this fluid will drain itself out slowly. Discharge?? Yup?? I am weird.. 

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
June 26, 2018 4:16 pm  

Hi Bubbles I too am like you about the same time frame and color is about the same but every other time or so I like Sasquatch I get some blood mixed in . My Gastro Doc isn't overly concerned with it just yet though . Maybe a scope in the future .

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
June 27, 2018 1:24 am  

Discharge here also.  Same colors.  Blood was apparently no big deal at the time, tho since my grandfather and father have had colon cancer there will also be a check in the future.  Better safe then sorry, or regretful I say.   The first time I had this happen I was chasing after my dog running down the street about three months after surgery.  I could laugh at it  a day later but I felt the whole world saw me that day.  

I get  lot of rectal spasm about a day before it happens and find that because we apparently should not push a lot, I do the potty video thing and put my feet on a stool...the other kind...and it release easily.  Thank you for your openness here,   I have never said it out loud before.  This is likely due to having to hide the whole poopoo thing all my life.  I actually thought it was normal to pass out on the toilet and have severe bowel pain all the time.  I love that people actually talk about these things.  See what you started Eric?! 

Linda   Now I need an alias. 

Linda

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
July 1, 2018 8:27 am  

Yup, I had the same wide spectrum of colors too! 

ReplyQuote
Share: