Community Forums

Recovery Time.  

RSS

john68
(@john68)
Registered
May 25, 2018 8:10 am  

Hi All, After years of being ill we reach surgery, now we have a stoma. Lot of emotions running round in our mind what next. well apart from getting sorted out with a pouching system we have to get back to strength again. Being in hospital lets face it is boring restrictive and yer privacy goes out the window holding hands with yer dignity! but this will be a short time in comparison to the years we spent being ill. We will arrive here from Cancer, Crohns or UC so their may be other follow up treatments as well. being very under weight will be a hurdle and not helped by still being restricted on what food we can eat for a time. Take this time to set goals, they don,t have to be major at first but some thing to achieve and boost confidence. Think of the things we will be able to do in the future it could be getting back to work, travel or the health to spend time with family the sky it the limit and if that includes jumping out of a plane!!!! go for it. This is a second chance at life to many of us may not have been here so make the most of it. Plus remember this ostomy business keep it simple, I have seen one of our members on here use a phrase back and forth. "No need to reinvent the wheel" I like that. Eric has a number of new videos posted which cover a lot of ground as always worth the watch.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
May 25, 2018 12:35 pm  

Wonderful words of wisdom, John!

While we don't realize it shortly after surgery, our entire world opens up very quickly and many of us are able to do things we only dreamed of before our surgery! What better way to use recovery time than to plan for amazing things!

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Robert, Zvitusk and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
May 31, 2018 5:24 pm  

Cheers there Lad ! Well said it takes some longer than others but we never know till we try right ? But I think I'll be passing on the airplane part !!!! Haha

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register