Measuring an Oval S...

Measuring an Oval Stoma  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 12, 2018 4:13 pm  

Hi Kathleen,  Any stoma nurse who doesn't ask a patient to remove all of the appliance firstly cannot see any manner of problem properly and secondly is not doing her job!! The hospital your husband will see the surgeon at, is their some way of contacting and pushing for some immediate help. You are doing a wonderful job but both of you do not need this extra stress or worry.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Kathleen
(@kathleen)
Registered
October 12, 2018 6:04 pm  

Thank you for your concern, john68. For various reasons we cannot see him until 31st. Just hoping we will be OK until then. 

Katy

ReplyQuote
Kathleen
(@kathleen)
Registered
January 14, 2019 10:28 pm  

Just an update to this post of mine. Thanks to being armed with lots of good info, mainly from this site, my husband has had a new stoma formed. We did not get a stoma nurse at the hospital, despite my asking for one before the operation and while he was in hospital. Finally saw a stoma nurse after the operation who started to rip the bag off. Thankfully I could stop her and hand her the adhesive remover I had with me. She then took a cursory look at the new stoma, mutterered something, told us we were doing a great job and just grabbed a bag I had pre-cut and put it on. I was kinda hoping she may have taken more accurate measurements and made some helpful suggestions? Anyway, worth a visit to know he is doing OK and am getting some help over the phone from a nurse from one of the appliance firms.

Katy

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Please Login or Register