Community Forums

Want to join the forums? Register HERE for instant access.

Already have an account? Login below:

Hospital Meds  

RSS

john68
(@john68)
Honorable Member
20/11/2017 1:02 pm  

Hi Ya,s, just seen an interesting point by Mary on finding pills she has to take in her pouch, yep I have come across this myself. Eric has pointed out that the plastic coating can stop them being dissolved. Also my wife has a pill that she takes that can be cancelled out by grapefruit even the juice

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Reputable Member
20/11/2017 1:41 pm  

Hey there John

I have heard that about grapefruit n  juice too ! I heard don't drink it while taking antibiotics also .

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
20/11/2017 1:43 pm  

Grapefruit can interact quite negatively with various medications, so it's generally advised to avoid it when taking any. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Honorable Member
20/11/2017 1:52 pm  

Yep Johnny Walker and pills never a good mixer, not only will I stop the meds working it can be very dangerous

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Reputable Member
20/11/2017 2:02 pm  

Eh dangerous it can be Lad ! It can make you loose your memory !

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Prominent Member
20/11/2017 4:47 pm  

That is true Eric, I did talk to my drug store med dept. and Dr. about that..  I passed for MY meds at this time.. But I am not on THEIR med's. sorry-------- if I stepped off my naughty step.. :-)  

I thought that I said pinapple.. ?? that is in the acid family also-- huh? 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Prominent Member
21/11/2017 4:27 pm  

Tony- how did your latest try out come out?  With your stoma area of a new product? Very interested !!!!!!!!!!!! Have to make another order soon- thanks, Marcie.

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Estimable Member
21/11/2017 7:48 pm  

Hey Marcie , the gel was a wash out , I had to change it on the second day , got really itchy and had to get it off in a hurry so no pics , my current "equipment" is coloplast two piece with an eakin seal which is working really well  .

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Prominent Member
22/11/2017 3:19 pm  

Sorry that it didn't work out Tony- Most SORRY that it itched so bad!! When I get sores around my stoma, I just have to put a anti-cream ON that area of the ekin seal -- just a bad- and place it nice and hard--clears up the bloody sores and so  much comfy-- A belt is recommended-but I don't do that- just the panites..keeps it all in place--REMEMBER just a little dab on the seal where the sores are..

I just received my "Protective seals" samples today-did u try these? I was in hope to try them today-but got a leak last night.:-( ------ I am finding that the mio 1 piece  -barrier - I get more leaks-anyone feel this way? (but been doing better these past few months)I also use the 2 piece coloplast -safty snap ones on the barrier/wafer--I seem to get better time with these. (I am an Ile) Protective seals help to "pass" the "deposites" and the ekin seals help "dry" the liquid they told me..  Hope the protective ones are skin friendly.. :-) just got home from infusion (I call it Club MEd) and my bed sheets are dry-time to make the bed and set the Thanksgiving table and peal the potatoes -clean that bird, for tomorrow.. bla bla bla..... 

If your in discomfort TOny try the anti-cream-u can get it at any drug store, NOT the thick.white kind-u will feel better and the sores will heal by the next change.. THey don't want u to do this-but I was in such pain I did it anyways-sometimes I have to bend the rules a bit.. ANYTHING to feel better!!!!!!! Best, always........... Marcie.......

p.s. A COLD wash cloth on the stoma area of sores helps to calm down the pain too-- ahhhhhhhhhhhh. :-)

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register