Help! Pin Hole in P...

Notifications
Clear all

Help! Pin Hole in Pouch

Varg55
(@varg55)
Registered
Topic starter  

Hi All,  I made a mistake I didn't think I would.  When cutting my wafer in my one piece Hollister, I accidently got a pin hole in the front of the pouch, just about right above where my stoma is.  Of course I didn't notice until an hour later when my stoma became active and a tiny leak appeared on the pouch cover.  I have stuck one of those little blue tabs I use to cover the vent and reinforced it with a few more all around it.  It is holding for now but I'm not sure how long it will last.  Those things are meant to keep in air, not liquid.  Does anyone know of a solution, like some kind of waterproof tape to put over the hole, or do I need to trash the whole thing?  These pouches cost nearly $20 and for me it means trashing my stoma cap as well, as I still have my old stoma and one appliance overlaps the other, so basically $30 down the drain.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Terry

SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered

Maybe a little piece of duct tape?  Or even a bandaid?

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

LK liked
ReplyQuote
ChrisandBagpus
(@chrisandbagpus)
Registered

Waterproof selleotape, tent or air matteress repair patch, in fact any tape with a waterproof glue should work some longer than other though.

Colostomy Jan 2020

VeganOstomy and LK liked
ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered

The good thing is, this is just temporary, to get as much use out of the pouch as you can. I hope your creative work is successful! LL

Colostomy 4/30/18.
I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Varg55
(@varg55)
Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for all the suggestions, great ones!  I've got a few pieces of "invisible tape" over the little blue tabs and it held securely all night.  I will probably try a few of these suggestions over the next couple of days and change things after each shower.  Many thanks!

Terry

VeganOstomy, LK, GoatHerder and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
ChrisandBagpus
(@chrisandbagpus)
Registered

we'll be glued to your next post :lol: 

Colostomy Jan 2020

VeganOstomy, LK and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered

I have put a pin in it 👍

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ChrisandBagpus and LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered

I'll be sticking around for the final results!! 

Linda

ReplyQuote