Notifications
Clear all

Brexit and Medical/Ostomy Suppiles

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@john68)
Topic starter  

Hi Folks, Brexit this is a term may be a lot of our members here may not be familiar with and don't have to be. But here in the UK its all we hear about. Its the term used for the UK leaving the European Union. If the UK leaves without a deal which it looks like it might it will mean all sorts of problems. Why would this effect an ostomate? well their is talk that the Government here is making plans to stock pile medicines imported from Europe. This had made me realise some thing! A lot of the Ostomy companies are based in the UK. How is this going to effect ostomates who get their supplies from here and are living in Europe! It could mean severe delays?? I add again this will not effect U.S.A or Canada.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

This would be good to know - you are right, MANY ostomy companies are based out of the UK and I hope Brexit doesn't impact patients.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
(@john68)
Topic starter  

All this is still very much up in the air at the moment. Goods leaving the UK will be hit with duty and transport costs could rise. If the UK leaves without a deal then its any ones guess. My thoughts are for any ostomate who may be affected to contact their courier or ostomy company to check if supplies would be delayed and if their will be any additional cost. I don't mean to cause any alarm by raising this but better safe than sorry.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote