Clear all

After Rectum Removed.

5 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Dtheblack
(@dtheblack)
Topic starter  

My whole Rectum was removed on March 15, 2020. It was not easy. 
  I was wondering if anyone had their Rectum removed and after a few months of healing that y’all butt crack started sweating a lot? I have too change my underpants like 3 times a day because they are soaking wet. Almost like I set on a fountain. 
    I’m putting panty liners in my drawers now. Anyone got any tips on how to stop the swamp butt?

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Are you running a fever, too? Does the area seem as if there might be an infection at all? This would be something I'd run by your surgeon just to rule out any internal issues.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
(@chrisandbagpus)

Question

Is it sweat or mucus discharge? you butt will probably discharge some mucus clear and waterier although yours sound excessive.

Eric is right speak to your stoma nurse or surgeon to clarify this.

Its especially these days to have a good thermometer at home to check your temperature regularly so you know your base line. I tend to run 1 to 1.5c below normal (okay for me - 95-97F). Slightly raised temperature can amongst others things indicate inflammation and its good to know the different between high fever and raised temperature

Colostomy Jan 2020

ReplyQuote
Dtheblack
(@dtheblack)
Topic starter  

It’s sweat. My Ostomy Nurse checked it out, it’s not infected. My butt crack is just sweating a lot now. It’s crazy.

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)

@dtheblack

No, it's not crazy. In the summer mine sweats too. It's just part of the package, I guess. For me, it's a small inconvenience, since removing my rectum and anus literally saved my life. :-) 

ReplyQuote