Community Forums

What fruits and vegetables are safe to eat?  

Page 2 / 2 Prev
  RSS

john68
(@john68)
Registered
January 9, 2018 1:42 pm  

Hi Anne, Keep downing the liquids, Eric or one of the others who have had experience of a blockage will be best placed to give more advice. I would not hesitate to go back to ER if this continues. Make sure you use adhesive remover and a barrier wipe to be kind to the skin. if the stoma is sunken a ring or seal will help with the leaks. it may be a case for a convex wafer if the stoma stays low. Do you have a stoma nurse who can help? also Eric has a blog on blockages. I know when we have a leak and doing an unexpected change it can be easy to rush, just take yer time and do it well.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
January 9, 2018 8:33 pm  

Hi Ann,

What you're describing sounds like a blockage to me.

If you're continuing to experience the retracted stoma, nausuea, pain, and liquid output, another ER visit might be in order - and speak with someone who knows stomas! Not all ER people know enough about what's normal and what's not when it comes to ostomies. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Ann C
(@ann-c)
Registered
January 10, 2018 3:02 pm  

Ok will do, Eric! I so very much appreciate your help with this. Please let me know if you ever end up in Florida again. I would love to meet you in person.   :-) 

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
January 10, 2018 10:56 pm  

In response to the question, " what's an immersion blender ?":

I looked it up on Amazon and it's available between  $9 and $75. Mine is in the $ 20 range.

Walmart , Target and others also carry them.

It is used to break up hard fiber into small pieces that can pass through our intestinal tract. It blends soups , dessert and whatever you wish IN THE SAME POT. It's a very handy kitchen tool.

ReplyQuote
Ann C
(@ann-c)
Registered
January 11, 2018 11:41 am  

That sounds awesome! Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Ann C
(@ann-c)
Registered
January 11, 2018 11:42 am  

Thanks Eric! Things seem to be better now....just dealing with a retracted stoma still. (And you're right...I don't think the ER really knew what he was talking about, God bless him).

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2 Prev

Working

Please Login or Register