Notifications
Clear all

Thanksgiving dinner  

RSS

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
October 9, 2017 2:16 pm  

It's the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend and last night my 15-year old daughter decided to make dinner for us - all plant-based, vegan, of course - without any help from me.

Here's what was on the menu:

• Homemade mashed potatoes with homemade gravy. 
  • Homemade lasagna with vegetarian ground "beef", mushrooms, spinach, and non-dairy cheese.  I added hot sauce to the top of mine :)
  • Roasted broccoli in a maple syrup glaze.
  • Basic salad.

Cooking plant-based meals can be really easy, tasty, cheap, and nutritious. 

1507572964-Vegan-thanksgiving-dinner-Veganostomy.jpg

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 9, 2017 2:31 pm  

Well done, that looks delicious, you got a budding chef their

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
October 9, 2017 3:07 pm  

Yeah, we battle over who gets the kitchen most days! LOL

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
October 15, 2017 8:07 pm  

Chew your fiber or moan. 

By us, it's Thanksgiving every single day . Thank God that we are alive and pain free. And able to help others. 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
October 16, 2017 12:30 am  
Posted by: Zvitusk

Chew your fiber or moan. 

By us, it's Thanksgiving every single day . Thank God that we are alive and pain free. And able to help others. 

That's so true. I don't think most people have had this much to be thankful for. 

ReplyQuote
stellajames942
(@stellajames942)
Registered
November 14, 2019 12:02 am  

it really looks so yummy, I will try it on this year thanksgiving 

Black Friday discount codes

ReplyQuote
Fluffyone
(@fluffyone)
Registered
June 17, 2020 7:20 am  

Thanks for the delicious suggestion. I will try making this Homemade lasagna with the vegetarian ground "beef", mushrooms, spinach, and non-dairy cheese. For the dessert, you can also try this Fluffy Vegan Chocolate Pancakes Recipe. Follow the below procedure for Vegan Chocolate Pancakes Recipe.

Ingredients
1 ¼ cup oat flour, ½ cup cocoa powder, cocoa butter, 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon sea salt, ½ cup apple sauce, ½ cup dairy-free milk, 6 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, ¼ cup chocolate chips

Toppings
Chocolate chips
Sprinkles
Nuts
Turn up the warmth on your griddle for preparing the pancakes. If it is not non-stick you should make use of cocoa butter as opposed to regular butter due to the fact that cocoa butter is vegan to prevent the pancakes sticking. Mix all the completely dry ingredients, other than the chocolate chips, together in a dish. Make a little well between and include the damp components. Do not over mix. Drop large spoonfuls onto the griddle. Cook about 4-5 minutes on each side. They must be a little brown when all set. Top with your frozen mousse of selection, a lot more chocolate chips, sprinkles, nuts ... whatever you wish to make it the most effective treatment ever!

ReplyQuote