Community Forums

Popcorn and spinach  

RSS

fourtizzy
(@fourtizzy)
Registered
June 3, 2018 1:04 pm  

Where do I go to see Eric's take on the popcorn.  Is it a video?

fourtizzy
(@fourtizzy)
Registered
June 3, 2018 1:08 pm  

So I am assuming that when I see a posts from Veganostomy, that it is you, Eric.  I have seen your write ups on mindful eating and I have been practicing that and so do look forward to popcorn again...…………….I'll wait awhile before doing that though.  I have only had this ostomy for about a month, so I am still working my way to whole grains and veggies...………….by the way.  I have seen some of your videos and read many articles about what and what not to eat...…………..besides popcorn, I always like spinach.  What is the low down on eating it?  I thought that since it is leafy, it might fall into the salad greens category.  

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
June 3, 2018 1:26 pm  

For Popcorn go to Food and Recipes, Being a young ostomate best to take some of the harder to digest foods slow at the start and build up

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
June 3, 2018 8:34 pm  
Posted by: fourtizzy

So I am assuming that when I see a posts from Veganostomy, that it is you, Eric.

Hey @fourtizzy, I created a new topic so we can keep the posts organized.

Yes, Eric = VeganOstomy 😉

I have seen your write ups on mindful eating and I have been practicing that and so do look forward to popcorn again...…………….I'll wait awhile before doing that though.  I have only had this ostomy for about a month, so I am still working my way to whole grains and veggies...………….by the way.

Take it slow. A month is still very early on and your body will continue to adapt for many more months. 

I have seen some of your videos and read many articles about what and what not to eat...…………..besides popcorn, I always like spinach.  What is the low down on eating it?  I thought that since it is leafy, it might fall into the salad greens category.  

Personally,  while I love spinach it tends to have a laxative effect on me. I wouldn't consider it to be a difficult green to pass (unlike Kale), but you should still be chewing it really well.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
fourtizzy
(@fourtizzy)
Registered
June 4, 2018 8:47 am  

Thanks, Eric...………….as you say, I am still early on in this process, so I will  hold off on both the popcorn and the spinach, but hope to eat them again someday.

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register