Notifications
Clear all

Immersion Blenders

10 Posts
6 Users
15 Likes
(@john68)
Topic starter  

Hi All, While the day is just starting for most of our members over the pond its lunch time. Now before you say why do I want to start my day reading that some guy in Northern Ireland is having his lunch!! Hold on !! We all know and have debated about some veg and the trouble it can cause celery being one mentioned just recently. I have just had a bowl of veg soup with just about every one of the scary culprits that could really spoil yer day! While my good lady has had it straight from the pot I took what I wanted and used an immersion blend to blitz. As many of members have said before this is a great way to get our 5 a day plus it looked amazing when done and very tasty. Have a look they come in many forms and prices, the one we have was as cheap as chips and is years old.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK reacted
(@bubbles)

Love mine use it a lot. Blending soups with high fiber veggies makes  it easier to digest for me. After getting a blockage from eating raw carrots I am traumatized and don't chance that ever again. 

LK and john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)

I've had an immersion blender for years. It does a really great job on soups. Plus, its much safer since you are not putting possibly hot liquid in the blender, putting the lid on tight and then remembering that heat expands air! Soup on the ceiling. A REAL mess.

Maybe this should go on Vegan page but...a good soup:

A cut up and peeled butternut squash

one onion cut up

one apple 

Plus ...however many carrots you want to get rid of.

Put all the vegetables and apple in saucepan, cover with vegetable broth or water. Boil until very tender . Blend with the trusty immersion thing.

This soups loves the addition of curry spices. Or whatever else you fancy.

P.S. Don't leave it lying around plugged in and wash this thing AFTER you unplug it!!! I have heard they can cause lots of damage if they are still 'live'. Accidents happen.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

LK and john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

I own several immersion blenders and they are pretty great. But my most used blender is my full-size Blendec. We've had it for over four years and use it several times a day ;) 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK and john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)

Hi everyone, 

I couldn't help but notice the forums about immersion blenders. I don't own one, but am interested in locating one for soups and shakes. I currently use a blender, which is a pain to clean. Any suggestions out there?

Stella

john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@john68)
Topic starter  

Hi Stella, they are a very simple easy to use device. Why I like it is say their is a pot of soup it means I can take a bowl full pour into a sauce pan blend and I have not upset the soup for any one else! and cleaning the end clicks of and seconds its washed. (be careful the blade although not big is sharp) Google online they come at all prices and with extra attachments. The one I have is a Moulinex and we have it about 4 years and no bother :-) 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)

Hi Stella,

I use a Braun. I have had it for years ... no problems. Great for 'in the pot' soups, like john said.

We also use a counter blender daily for the morning fruit smoothies. Both of these are really helpful for those of us not looking for chunky foods anymore!

Be well.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

LK and john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bubbles)

I gave a Braun as well . I think it was 19.99 like 10 years ago . I have seen them as cheap as 9.99.

LK and john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)

Hi Bubbles, Got a few also-- Now they are neat 100.00 dollars!!  Sure didn't pay that much!

Nice thing to have around huh ? 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)

Thanks everyone! I'll look online as well as locally. 

Stella

LK and john68 reacted
ReplyQuote