Community Forums

[Solved] Like/Unlike "Button"..  

Page 2 / 3 Prev Next
  RSS

john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 29, 2017 5:54 am  

WOW Mark what a guy!! 2 Words LEGEND, RESPECT!

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Gimparoo
(@gimparoo)
Registered
October 29, 2017 8:42 am  

Thanks John!

T11/12 Paraplegic / Colostomate

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
October 29, 2017 11:41 am  

Mark, You have over loaded my mind! I will never complain again!! But accepted. When I was in the rehab nursing home there were 2 men like you and they had to have a stoma also-eaiser to care for themselves. But stunned as the rest of us when we get this ..  although, they didn't have problems with their colon - IT was the best way to go for them.. No butt sores to add to their problems..  And that can lead to some really bad stuff!! 

Your a strong man in many ways!! Own your own home, drive yourself-thank god you can drive!  Makes u less dependant on others and you have/enjoy your freedom.. Happy that Eric and the rest of us can make you life a bit happier.. 

Still chasing the ladies huh? Chase them in your van beep beep? or which grocery lane? haha.

Must be your SMILE that catches their eyes!! Shows power of oneself in your wheels to go-go.  No stopping this man....  I have something else for you Mark.......  

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
October 29, 2017 11:43 am  

Mark:

When there is change,

Expect a difference,

When there is a difference,

Expect the time to accept.

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Gimparoo
(@gimparoo)
Registered
October 29, 2017 12:16 pm  

Thank you Marcie!!

I drive an Acura...  with my low level injury I’m able to get in and out, take my chair apart and reassemble as I go.  Actually people look and tell me they are impressed with my speed and just the ability to “keep going”!   As you said, it’s a level of acceptance. The will to live!

dont get me wrong, I do have bad days as I have good days. That’s part of life, it’s always better “tomorrow”!

thanks for the kind words, and take care of yourself, no one else can or will.

Mark

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
October 29, 2017 12:29 pm  

Mark, I am sure that you have bad days and when they are bad? must be some whoppers!!  But look at the strength you have puled together-- That is what people like-don't know how old u are-but r there any support groups for u/and also with your wheels?  At my support group there are 3 guys in wheels- 1 come on the medial bus-and the others are like u-they seem to be happy with their vans/cars.  All they want is to get round!!  That I don't think I could handle it-but like u said-got to move forward. Must have been a long hard road for you and all the mental acceptance.. But you have come a long way baby!!!!

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
October 29, 2017 1:29 pm  

All I can say is WOW.  I thought that I had been through a lot, but I am a rookie. 10 months with Stella the Stoma.  My signature line shows other issues so I won't bore you.  I have been out of hospital and rehab but still in a wheel chair at home. If I am out and about and don't have to walk to far, I can manage with a cane. My cane is covered with pink roses, hence the name Carmilita Rosa or Rosie for short. She has a spicy temperament and sometimes lashes out without my control, ha! I can still drive my little 1994 baby blazer with 100,000 miles. I love her as I can easily get in and out.  I have been working hard to build my strength and stamina back up, but so far one step forward and two back.   You do inspire me ad I feel I can cope with what comes at me.   Thanks for your story.

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. Enough already!!

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 24, 2017 6:06 pm  

Mark, join us in the lounge-- let your hair down-we all don't have problems, pain, pills, any of that.. IF u want to  know about us, go to Members, and that is where it is all about --- instead of telling our long sorted out issues of different things-pian- etc.  every  time.. IT s where I/we want to be other than what we have been through.. bla la bla..... along with updates of our ostomate issues/surgeries.. just ostomates..  IT is a classy wonderland of our personalities...... some don't like to go there and most do-- Your choice. Marcie..

How r things doing for you now? 

ReplyQuote
Gimparoo
(@gimparoo)
Registered
November 24, 2017 6:53 pm  

Thanks Marcie!     I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Day.. for those in the US I should say.

I’m just hanging out with friends and family, eating leftovers.  I’ll check the lounge out soon. Seems like so much to do, and not enough time for it all. ...but I’ll come visit with you guys!  It should slow down here tomorrow, I’m going to just hang out at the house and recover from too much food and enough family time! ( getting ast the 3 day rule!  LOL)

hope all is well....

Mark

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
November 24, 2017 7:08 pm  

Mark 

All I can say is wow like the others have . You have been through so much but sound like you are doing very well for yourself . You have been member here longer than I have but haven't seen ya . So for now I will say welcome to the group it's a good place to be . And like Marcie said join us in the lounge . And hopefully Marcie won't put you to work right away like she did with me n John ! Huh Marcie ? Lol . JK 

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
November 24, 2017 7:34 pm  

Mark I just reread your post telling a little bit about yourself. It was a good time for me to read it again. After all the time at the beginning of the year that I spent in the in the hospital (it totals up to about seven and a half months of hospital and rehab) I came home expecting things to get better. After I had  been home for a couple of months and finding that I had hit a lot of plateaus in my in my progress. I ended up In hospital again with c.diff and spent another 2 weeks in the hospital.   At the end of the two weeks I came home and found that I had gone backwards almost more than I had gone forward in that time. Rereading your post about yourself makes me feel I can do what I need to do. It always seems like I find someone at a time when I need it that can show me that things will be better at some point. Thank you again for your post.  Barbar

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. Enough already!!

ReplyQuote
Gimparoo
(@gimparoo)
Registered
November 24, 2017 7:43 pm  

Thank you Robert...  and back at you, “Welcome”. I go through spurts here, life has been busy with my shoulder recover, then catching up on life, that’s been challenging.

I am looking forward to a new wheelchair I’m supposed to receive this next week, I’m over due. I’ve managed to make this chair last nearly 15 years, which is unheard of, but with all I was going through, I was not tearing it up like I had in the past.. (going through 5 in 10 years!)

i will join you folks in the Lounge soon, as I do have some news to share...  and it started with Eric!     ...the suspense should keep you going for now!  Ha!

Thanks!

Mark

ReplyQuote
Gimparoo
(@gimparoo)
Registered
November 24, 2017 7:43 pm  

Thank you Robert...  and back at you, “Welcome”. I go through spurts here, life has been busy with my shoulder recover, then catching up on life, that’s been challenging.

I am looking forward to a new wheelchair I’m supposed to receive this next week, I’m over due. I’ve managed to make this chair last nearly 15 years, which is unheard of, but with all I was going through, I was not tearing it up like I had in the past.. (going through 5 in 10 years!)

i will join you folks in the Lounge soon, as I do have some news to share...  and it started with Eric!     ...the suspense should keep you going for now!  Ha!

Thanks!

Mark

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
November 24, 2017 8:20 pm  

Mark 

We all get busy with life always alot going on no matter what I understand . Hope your shoulder is getting better for ya . 15 years for your wheelchair sounds like you like to get the most out of things ! Lol . Hope you like the new one as much . Yes join us in the lounge . Marcie is fixing it all up the men's loo will even have phones in it . (Right Marcie) JK . Guess it's kinda our way of kidding around . Hey maybe you can even join me n Barbara with our Urber ride from the lounge to Dennys for a Grand Slam  Marcie goes too n she picks up the tip . Haha .   Suspense is good interested to see what you have to say . Late Happy Thanksgiving   

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 24, 2017 8:31 pm  

lol -------  means "lots of love"  right Robert? the lover boys we have on this lounge- hey get on the lounge!! 

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
November 24, 2017 8:46 pm  

Hey Marcie 

Glad you had a good time at home for the Holiday in 3 years with your family . But easy with the lover boys thing ! Haha . But yes we are all here for one another how ever we can be right !  BTW Marcie you said you had country music playing in the head phones  what kinda country music were you dancing to ? It's pretty much all I listen to . 

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 24, 2017 8:51 pm  

Roy oberson, reba, etc.....  I like the one that says "baby has her blue jeans on" kinda sexy and kicky-- forgot his name.. I== oh Nellie exploded................. 

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
November 24, 2017 11:28 pm  

Good choices of music Marcie . I think that one was Mel McDaniel  . Oldie but a goodie 

ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Registered
November 25, 2017 8:33 am  

here ya go Marcie 

Marcie liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 25, 2017 3:46 pm  

Thank You Tony!!!!!!!  I am enjoying this very much!! :-)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3 Prev Next

Working

Please Login or Register