Stoma Birthays  

Page 1 / 3
  RSS

john68
(@john68)
Registered
21/12/2017 3:08 am  

Morning All,

The wee Guy/Gal in our life is our buddy, Eric has done posts on his Stomaversary s . And its a date none of us will ever forget, some I know have it on their profile but when the date comes round please share, plus a great way to get involved online. In fact why wait! Did have the idea that every time some one posted Eric would call you and sing Happy Birthday but he,s busy enough!! LOL

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
21/12/2017 9:43 am  

Hehe. If I had the resources, I'd gladly send a personalized "Happy Stomaversary" to everyone 😂

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Valerie, Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered (M)
21/12/2017 11:13 am  

Nellie is some time in August... Don't know the date..... After 4 months with comma and just out of it-and the Doc, trying to get me somewhat healthy state-I went into the white tunnel again, going back to heaven, then I woke up with that horrible bandage demanding it be removed 'cause it was bugging me.. got myself a lifer with that bandage bugging me. :-) All I remember is telling the nurse I am above him and am in the white light again and fading..  DONE!!!!! It was such a nice calming trip but the reality/come back was not........... :-( so here I am folks!!!!!!!!!! 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
FelicityG
(@felicityg)
Registered
23/12/2017 12:29 pm  

August 17, 2017 was the surprise delivery of Oscar the Pouch. What a ride.

Crohn's Colitis, Ilieostomy, Proctocolectomy November 2017

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered (M)
23/12/2017 1:38 pm  

WOW Felicity, In a year, you have been through some heavy operations!!  Your attitude and many supports here surprise me!! I hope this finds you feeing better...stronger, and most of all home sweet home.. You  have done you share.......  Nellie is August also, - 2014.. M.

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered (M)
23/12/2017 3:05 pm  

Eric, maybe a monthly Stomaversary ?????? And let the party begin!  -- In the lounge of course...........

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
23/12/2017 11:24 pm  

March 4 , 2015. As part of a 13 1/2 hour operation removing my cancerous rectum and damaged intestines. Was in hospital,  went home, dehydrated, went back,  for a week,  went home,  dehydrated,  went back for 4 days. Finally figured out how to cope with my new situation. 

Went through 14 bags in 3 days. Luckily,  my daughter's friend had had a stoma tha was later fixed. He emptied out his closet for me. Saved my sanity. 

I did finally figure out how not to get dehydrated and how to not lose my wafer. Turned around and been trying to pass on the good word that even though manure happens,  life goes on.

Keep on trucking.

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
24/12/2017 8:32 am  

Zvitusk, over here we have a TV ad which is run by one of the Cancer Charities. it features people with cancer and their families and those that have lost loved ones. Its called Stand up to cancer, and has the phase "cancer we are coming after you. the ad ends with an e-ray of a hand lets say to be polite has one finger pointing up "ahem" lol

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
survivor1999
(@survivor1999)
Registered
24/12/2017 11:11 am  

Just celebrated my first stomaversary on December 18th - an early Christmas arrival in 2016, the result of my third bowel resection. Was discharged from hospital on 12/24 and came home to a completely iced over road which looked like a frozen tundra with fallen and bent over trees. Had to stay in a hotel for two days and then walked down the iced over road home with assistance from a cane and my husband's arm.  This year, we again have serious ice and snow but are comfortable inside. 

VeganOstomy, Robert, Zvitusk and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
24/12/2017 10:59 pm  

Welcome aboard! 

From the looks of it, it seems that you live in a rural area. Where?

Each of us lives in a special place. It is called home. Home is where the heart is. 

We fill our homes with friendship and harmonious relationships. Then we reach out and help others who need help. 

Welcome to our world. 

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
26/12/2017 12:20 pm  

John I think you have a good idea here Lad . ( no flies on you haha) . It would be interesting to hear when everybody got their stomas . I received mine September 19th 2016 not because of emergency like some here but by choice from being tired of problems and pain like all of us have had . So lets hear them folks as Marcie said we can party for the birthday of them and the start of a new Life for us all .

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

Zvitusk and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Registered
26/12/2017 1:11 pm  

I got my stoma "IGOR" on  25 Oct 2016 and apart from a few setbacks I'm doing well .

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
26/12/2017 1:17 pm  

Hi Robert, I figured more people online more debate and more problems shared and solved.

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered (M)
26/12/2017 4:15 pm  

My "z" How did u figure how NOT to get dehydrated???????????? 

After this Christmas 3 day weekend, I was pretty low and  slow, and my Mag. that was the lowest ever. Both go together.  And for  me? I get plowed in hard.. So getting pumped up for the next 3 days..   The leg cramps - Charlie horse's - were real bad Sat. night..  that is my Mag. going south..  But besides that and the furnace broke, on Sunday, We had a nice holiday. :-)

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
26/12/2017 9:56 pm  

I had a friend  ( since passed ) who was a dialysis patient and diabetic. He taught me that when I get muscle cramps , I am to drink TONIC WATER with quinine. It worked for me. The 12 ounce cans of liquid plus whatever else that's in there worked. The cramps would go away. 

Also available in other sizes. 

What are your plans for January 1?

Now, if I feel a twinge,  I just scurry to a  faucet or the fridge or to the spare bottle of water that I squirreled away in my car. The twinge says "drink" .now.

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered (M)
27/12/2017 2:59 pm  

"z" Well, my son will be 43 on New Years Day-so baking a carrot cake for him, that he wants. 

Proberly have cheese fondue by the fire place, music, and watch the celebrations from all around the world as the New Year rings in for them.... That I always liked. May not make it to see the New York ball drop, but shall see............. 

and my bug the cat for good luck ?????????? :-)

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
27/12/2017 7:32 pm  

Considering your health and safety,  I am glad that your plan is to stay in doors.  How much snow landed on your backyard? Your nice strapping sons can take care of the front yard and driveway. You can man the gallery. 

I have been told by a wise person that chewing each bite at least 10 times breaks the food down so that it doesn't end up blocking you up. What a quaint thought.  My thinking is that 20 chews is even better. 

My wife went and bought a 6 qt. Pressure cooker last week . Having never used one before,  I experimented with a rice and bean concoction. Turned out edible.  Could use help with this . Any wisdom from the ostomates? 

Eric, do we need a new catagorie?

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered (M)
27/12/2017 9:10 pm  

z" I never shovel the snow.. Just when I was a kid.. Sons do it all yard word, even if one is moved out.. How about sharing that receipe on the lounge?  Sounds healthy and gentle.

Anyone hear from Barb?  

Eric, I just read an article on "Intestinal angina"  Know anything about this?  I can send u a copy if u want.. Interesting.. It is your show, and I don't want to type it out.. As I DID and some may still do, are waiting for the other show to drop.--until we get ourselves settled with our new normal.. 

Dona, Have a wonderful trip   Geee.. I wish I was you!! 

Robert, Take down the yellow crime secne tape of the front door  at the lounge, I told you your motor cycle is In the garage...... don't know about you "rosebud"
 motor cycle gang" !!!!!!!! 
???????

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Ellie
(@ellie)
Registered
31/12/2017 12:35 pm  

Happy New Year everyone!

"Cleo", my stoma,  was a year old on Dec. 2, 2017.  I do irrigation every morning because it helps with the pancaking issue I have when I have output.  I still need to wear a wafer and pouch because she isn't always well behaved, and unpredictable. 

I spent 13 nights in the hospital last year when I had my APR surgery.  I have a supplementary insurance policy that pays me if I'm hospitalized. I just got the payment, about $6100.00! Tax free. It's paying for most of my new kitchen remodel! 

My checkup with my rectal doctor is this Wednesday.  Hopefully I'm still dancing with NED! (No Evidence of Disease).

Ellie 

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
31/12/2017 12:42 pm  

Hi Ellie, all the very best with that check up,

Ellie liked
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3