Notifications
Clear all

Stoma and external tumour anyone?  

RSS

LilKermit
(@lilkermit)
Registered
May 17, 2018 5:52 pm  

Has anyone here ever had a tumour grow outside/along side their stoma? I have had mine cut several times and am going through chemo again to see if it will shrink. My appliances are not fitting so great theses days    .  Looking for any tips or tricks to refitting my appliance with a moving target! 

Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
May 17, 2018 6:47 pm  

I would think they should move your stoma to a new site away from tumor . Seems like the best thing to do . 

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
May 17, 2018 10:17 pm  

Well, this may have something of an artist/engineering at work.. Are You one?  I think it will be like building a lego's kit......... I feel for you at this time.. But thinking..  Get those seal rings in place huh?  And paste and little movements as possible to avoid leaks??? This is tricky indeed!! Wishing you the best and get on those Doctors!!! This is not a wait list or honey-do list..  IT is a NOW list!!!!!!!!!!!!  M.

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
May 17, 2018 11:12 pm  

I'm sorry to hear that, LilKermit.

I would imagine would be having problems with getting the appliance to fit under those circumstances. Have you been able to have a stoma nurse assess your situation? Chemo may introduce additional challenges to stoma care and I'd want you to have a nurse who's able to assist you. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
LilKermit
(@lilkermit)
Registered
May 18, 2018 8:22 am  

I see a stoma Nurse and have spoken with my surgeon this morning. They want me to wait to see if my chemo works before doing anything else. Possibly a reciting. So off to the ostomy nurse for more help until then. A bad situation all the way around but I hope I can manage. Tks for your responses 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
May 19, 2018 1:09 am  
Posted by: LilKermit

I see a stoma Nurse and have spoken with my surgeon this morning. They want me to wait to see if my chemo works before doing anything else. 

I can understand their reasons for this. I hope that things move quickly and smoothly for you! 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote