Notifications
Clear all

sorry haven't visited for a while  

RSS

danbh
(@danbh)
Registered
August 16, 2020 7:10 pm  

Well, whoever thinks that dealing with colostomy is tough, the way I see it now "It's easier then dealing with a CPAP machine. It has been since July first when I got my CPAP machine, and I am tired now just as before I started with it. The problem is the darn mask, which whatever I do lets air escape and blow either into my eyes, or anywhere else, except where it should (in to my mouth and nose). I am so tired of it, so disgusted, but I keep trying every night.

I hope all of you guys are doing good, and I will try being back regularly after my doctor visit to find out what am I doing wrong.

Have a great summer you all, and stay safe.

Dan

VeganOstomy and LK liked
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
August 17, 2020 5:15 pm  

Hu Dan

Good luck with getting the CPAP machine right. Sounds like a struggle .. keep breathing!

And as you say , puts the ostomy experience in a positive light.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered
August 17, 2020 10:08 pm  

Sorry this has been hard for you. I know some people with CPAPs who had an easy adjustment, and some for whom it was more difficult. May yours go smoothly very soon.

Colostomy 4/30/18
I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

ReplyQuote
dogtalkerer
(@dogtalkerer)
Registered
August 18, 2020 12:01 pm  

on a funny note; I read it as " dealing with a CRAP machine" , thought you were talking about your old sphincter?

ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered
August 18, 2020 2:14 pm  

Oh, my, had to go back and check if I had a typo, there! Seriously, my husband had a CPAP and it took awhile to get used to it. He had air leaking, also, very aggravating. He still felt tired but the printout from the machine that went to the doctor said he was doing well. After awhile he didn’t feel he needed it anymore, but he did it for about two years, if I remember right. He is doing much better now.

Colostomy 4/30/18
I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
August 18, 2020 2:39 pm  

Dan,

I hope the doctor is able to get your CPAP machine fitted properly, so you are able to benefit from using it. Feeling tired all the time is terrible!!

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

LLNorth liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
August 21, 2020 10:30 am  

Dan, I'm not familiar with what options exist within the world of CPAP equipment, but I do hope that you find something that works better for you. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
danbh
(@danbh)
Registered
August 29, 2020 4:59 pm  

Thank you for all for your wishes, it is now 2 months with the c-pap (not crap) machine, it took long time to adjust, and fit the mask, but things are getting better. I have been able to sleep with it now for 8 hours, and it seems like it is doing the job. I am not falling a sleep constantly.
As for my Colostomy, which is what this website is all about thanks to Eric, this one is doing fine, and not to get anyone upset (knowing well that Ileostomy is much harder to take care of, I have managed to keep the same bag, barrier and all for 2 weeks on, and have no trouble (including skin around the stoma, which was amazing. Again I am not trying to rub anyone the wrong way, just proud of my accomplishment.
Now that I sleep better I will visit here more often.
Again Thank you all
Dan

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
August 29, 2020 9:30 pm  

Hi Dan... from experience, I know it can really suck to not sleep well at night all the time. I'm so glad to hear you got the issues all ironed out & I hope you continue to sleep well and safely!
Wow...as far as going that long with the same apparatus, thats awesome, you must have tough skin around your stoma. I've gone as long as 9-10 days with the same pouch,but I was anemic (iron at 2) & certainly was not particularily active during that wearing. after, I decided my skin was better off changing it every 5 to 6 days, with the occasional 7. I felt I was putting "my" skin at risk of a fungus beneath the wafer. Something I hope to always avoid.
Anyway, stay well and welcome back!
Linda

Linda

john68 liked
ReplyQuote