Notifications
Clear all

Reversal

15 Posts
7 Users
17 Likes
(@cyrisse)
Topic starter  

Hi friends. It’ll been a while . Fast forward-had my ostomy takedown 1 month ago today It’s journey #2. It went ok, hernia repair done. 2 weeks ago developed an infection, given antibiotics and it cleared up. All staples removed-ouch !  Now I am impatient just trying to regulate what I eat. Have loose stools and regular stools. I also have that lower pelvic discomfort. I get tired by the afternoon and rest. Told the doc about this and said that I am where I am supposed to be and b patient it’s still early in the game. Things will improve. I love coffee and since the surgery I don’t enjoy it any more,at times the smell of it bothers me . Only have 1 cup a day. Also have a metallic taste in my mouth which does happen to some people. I wear pull up panties when I go outside if my tummy is acting up. Has anyone had similar stories about your take down ?

(@squeakyandliza)

Cyrisse,

I am glad to hear that your reversal went well and you are on track with your recovery. That is great news. Unfortunately I am not able to have a reversal, so I don’t have any stories to share. But I wanted to tell you I’m happy for you. ?

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

sjlovestosing and LK reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

Cyrisse...Welcome back! I'm so glad to hear it went well for you!! I hope your guts settle down soon too. That metallic taste is awful & I understood the result of some anesthetic, but it did go away & I do enjoy  coffee again! Have you been  encouraged to do  pelvic floor exercises to strengthen those muscles up again? They are similar to what we taught patients with leaky bladders. Pee, stop, hold, repeat. Make sure you check with your doctor first! I did not have a reversal but dealt  with the incontenance before my surgery and the excercises were very helpful untill the ileostomy. 

I wish you continued strength & health as you heal & regain all of what you went thru this reversal for!  All the best & don't be a stranger! 

Linda

ReplyQuote
(@chrisandbagpus)

Posted by: @dlkfiretruck

Have you been  encouraged to do  pelvic floor exercises to strengthen those muscles up again? T

https://www.convatec.co.uk/stoma-care/living-with-a-stoma/meplus-recovery/#

This is a post colorectal surgery exercise program  helps the strengthen the body core muscles, check with your physiotherapist if its appropriate for your type of surgery

Colostomy Jan 2020

ReplyQuote
(@cyrisse)
Topic starter  

@dlkfiretruck
Thank you??

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cyrisse)
Topic starter  

@squeakyandlizaYhsnk you ??

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)

@cyrisse

Hoping you heal quickly and get back to things functioning as they should soon.

Stella

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)

Hi Cryisse,

Thats really exciting that you are on the path to recovery. All the best to you. Let us know how you are doing. Thanks for posting.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cyrisse)
Topic starter  

@squeakyandliza

Thx for sharing anyway ??

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cyrisse)
Topic starter  

@dona. I will, this is a great site 

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Post-surgery recovery can be a test of our patience, for sure! I do hope that it gets easier for you with time.
Posted by: @cyrisse

Also have a metallic taste in my mouth which does happen to some people.

Are you still on any meds, supplements, or antibiotics? That tends to happen with certain meds, but either way, I hope that goes away. 

The link that @chrisandbagpus shared will have some good information. Please, take things slowly and at a pace that you and your doctor have both discussed. 

Please, keep us updated as your recovery moves along :)

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cyrisse)
Topic starter  

@veganostom

No meds Except for Tylenol and a stool softener every couple of days, TY for your reply ??

VeganOstomy and LK reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cyrisse)
Topic starter  

@dlkfiretruck

TY ??

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cyrisse)
Topic starter  

@chrisandbagpus

Thx. It’s ok to do that.