Community Forums

Physical Therapy  

Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS

Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
February 8, 2018 3:49 am  

Well I have been in rehab for about 3 weeks now. ManorCare, the place of my physical torture, has turned out to be good.  Averaging three sessions per day, seven days a week. Getting stronger and hope to go home in a few days. The corker on the whole thing is that I started a flare of my RA yesterday and it is having a nasty impact on my gut again. So the handy dandy doc jumped right into the fray and quadrupled my Prednisone (the drug you love to hate) dose and so here I lay at 1:00 AM in Prednisone induced insomnia!! Dang...wonder if and when the roid rage will strike.  Stay tuned!

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. Enough already!!

Robert and VeganOstomy liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
February 8, 2018 11:08 am  

That's a lot of work you're doing there! I hope the prednisone doesn't affect you for too long 😣

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
February 8, 2018 11:38 am  

Good Morning Barbara

Sounds like you are improving only with some little sit backs . Keep at the therapy so you can get out of there . That prednisone is bad stuff as we all know . When I was on it for a long period of time they also gave me sleeping pills so I could sleep . We need the rest to help heal of course . But of course the sleeping pills are not good for ya either its like one evil after another . But not sleeping is not good .

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
February 8, 2018 7:43 pm  

Hip hip hurray. I get to go home next Thursday, the 15th. Can hardly wait

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. Enough already!!

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
February 8, 2018 7:51 pm  

Barbara,

That is wonderful news! I am very happy for you and I am happy that you are feeling better.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
February 8, 2018 9:35 pm  

Awesome news Barb . So happy for you . 

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
February 9, 2018 11:46 am  

Alright Barbara  Yay !!!!! Good for you ! Glad to hear that .........

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
February 9, 2018 11:58 am  

Good progress and good news

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
February 9, 2018 1:06 pm  

Great news, Barbara! 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
February 9, 2018 9:18 pm  

May Robert have the first dance at the lounge Barb?  :-)  :-)  :-)  

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
February 9, 2018 9:45 pm  

You may, sir. Hope you don't mind a slow dance though ... the balance isn't THAT good yet and would hate to cause anyone a hernia

trying to pick me up.  I save that job for the really cute firemen in my neighborhood!! 

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
February 11, 2018 12:00 am  

:-)

Keep your balance. 

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
February 11, 2018 10:39 am  

That's funny!!  My daddy was an accountant, he always said he'd never die, he's just loose his balance!! Keeping it in the family.

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Cross
(@cross)
Registered
February 11, 2018 10:44 am  

Hope you get better soon Barbara. 

ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Registered
February 11, 2018 11:04 am  

hope you finish your rehab soon Barbara 

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
February 11, 2018 1:24 pm  

Going home thursday!!! Hurray

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
February 11, 2018 1:28 pm  

Good for you Barbara !!!!

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
February 11, 2018 3:50 pm  

Hey Barb, going to take down your Christmas tree when u get home???  Now that your all put back together, you just may enjoy this now that your stronger.. and NOT IN THE ALL THESE HOSPITALS. What r your plans in the future?  Nice lunch with your dear friends?  Get out and enjoy my friend!!!!!  Your insulin pump will be with you sooner than you think!!  And you can go and enjoy  your son and grand kids!!! :-)  M.

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
February 11, 2018 7:33 pm  

Thinking it us so close to Christmas again that I may leave it up ... HA! Just seems like a long time in here!! A lot of my friends go south for the winter. . Not me, I go to Spa Holy Family or Sacred Heart with a respite at ManorCare Rehab!  Seriously just realized I have been in hospital for the past two January and February.  ENOUGH ALREADY!!

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
February 15, 2018 2:01 pm  

It is a beautiful sunny day After a full day of snowfall yesterday (we got nearly a foot). The sun us dazzeling on the snow.   But the very best part. ... I AM HOME SNUG IN MY LITTLE APARTMENT!!!!!  HURRAY

Zvitusk liked
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2 Next
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register