Community Forums

Mud slides  

RSS

john68
(@john68)
Registered
January 11, 2018 2:43 am  

Hi Robert, we had on the news this morning some awful pictures of the events in California!! I hope you and your family are safe and not effected and the same for any other of our ostmate family and indeed safe wishes to All

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
January 11, 2018 11:40 am  

Hey John Top of the morning to ye Lad ! Haha . Thank you for thinking of us . Yes the mud slides are terrible it is up to 17 people dead so far and possibly expecting more . Some of the video's are amazing moving boulders as large as cars . I feel bad for these people first the fires now the floods . And it is a beautiful area where its all happening . But we are way south of all that in the middle of the desert . We are in Indio a few miles north of the Salton Sea and close to Palm Springs .

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

VeganOstomy and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
January 11, 2018 12:23 pm  

We may be able to tame nature but we can,t control, unbelievable to see the force of it and the damage.

Ye Have a nice day Now!!! lol

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
January 11, 2018 12:33 pm  

Right ye are Lad . The power of moving water is tremendous !

Ye have a nice day too Lad ! Lol

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
January 11, 2018 1:02 pm  

That is scary. I hope everyone in the area is safe.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
January 11, 2018 4:39 pm  

Robert, John, Eric, etc........ I myself have been in a flood.. NOTHING like that.. But as I brought u my sons while hiking, "still waters are deep"  that is bad enough.. But Mother nature pulling her destructions????  Even 2 feet of flooded waters rising (as I have delt with many times in Fl.) You in for a long haul and bumpy ride. Your just driving along-heavy rains come in and wham!! your car is a boat.. And there is nothing u can do about it.. Just let the car windows down and hope for the best..  Pittsburgh was a bad one.. Thank God I got home before that rain they said was coming..(just picked up my kids from school-smart move) But it just rained and rained.. The system just didn't move.. Lost a car in it tho- New one - brand new- was at the dealer ship PAIED for.. But I helped my friends that were in it-taking their kids and cooking meals etc. They lost everything.. We were moving back to Ct. so I was able to give them much = beds, sheets, towels, shelving racks, We got lots of water in the basement.. It is hard back breaking work when this happens.. But if u have a big heart, giving makes the back work nothing..

Those people are in my heavenly thoughts.. To much for them mentally.. TO have no control is beyond ones self........ Two major  horrible issues.. scared for life as they try to pick up what Is left..  IF anything but hope.. It is the disabled and older ones I feel for.. 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register