Community Forums

Canada Day  

RSS

SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
02/07/2019 12:02 am  

Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian ostomates!!

VeganOstomy, john68 and LK liked
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
02/07/2019 1:37 am  

Thank you Liza...that is so very thoughtful of you. The lovely part of Canada I  live in (B.C.) was a balmy 30°c. (86°F) sun shiney day today.  I celebrated by lazing around grazing like one of Bill Grogans starving goats. You can actually ASK google the words to the song. This old bag of bones learned that today! How have the rest of our Canadian ostobuddies celebrated Canadas birthday, and how was the weather in your neck of the woods?

Linda

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
02/07/2019 11:31 am  

Canada Day was awesome! We had beautiful weather and I spent a good part of the day hiking. 

Linda, we haven't seen 30 Celcius this summer, but last summer we hit over 30 degrees every other day it seems!  

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
02/07/2019 1:02 pm  

I have no idea what it is in Celsius but we are supposed to hit 94 Fahrenheit this week. Way too hot for me. 

Also, I just wanted to say "Oh Canada" is my second favorite anthem, behind the US. We have a western hockey league team where I live and we usually go to a game or two every year and I love it when they play a Canadian team because I get to hear Oh Canada too. 

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
03/07/2019 12:40 pm  

That's hot, I asked google , it is equal to 34.444 c° 

Linda

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
04/07/2019 9:27 am  
Posted by: LK

That's hot, I asked google , it is equal to 34.444 c° 

That's hotter than we've reached here this year ,but we got consistently close to that last year - that's very hot.

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
04/07/2019 11:23 am  

Hi Liza, I agree, Oh Canada, is a beautiful anthem. 

Eric, I  live in a Desert area, it does get much warmer then 30° in the summer and I am a huge fan of the AC, which was in use at the end of May this year. We gave growing wildly, cactus, and succulents. Praying Mantis are fun to see when you notice a shadow on the driveway or  while walking the dog.  Shadows appear  larger then they, and they blend in well with the earth around them. Other then cruel to their mates, I enjoy it when I come across one.  We have 6 species of sun scorpions.

I love birds and one Sunday  I noticed my babys missing and the nest trashed. The old washing machine lid had been propped open by the hose, and when I bent to look into the darkened barrel,  for my baby birds, I was greeted with the face if my  hissing, darting, forked tongue danger.  Had that sucker  of a  rattle snake bit me, it would have been in my left eye brow. I had way too close of a look into his face that day.  The remover of said offender, told us he was a grand daddy of them all in size. With yellow eyes their pupils open in a V shape.  Had he bit, the doctor yells us I would not have survived because it would have been way too close to my brain.

Always a great runner when I crossed the path of any like critter, that day, I escaped from my long 3 min. confrontation, by saying  desperate prayer, "Dear God, what do I do?",  then, slamming the lid and running like I had never ran before, I entered into the unfamiliar world of uncontrollable and  continual panic attacks. Visual reminders and loud sleep disrupting verbal night terrors, my man took me to emerge. After a week of sedatives, it all subsided. They very occasionally return if I see a magazine picture, or it is talked about, so avoidance is best the therapy! 

My hubby told me later I had moved his, 6'2" lge. Frame, from 4' away from garage wall to flat up against it, in one grand shove and apparently I yelled Run! After 45 min. walking the yellow line on the center of our quiet street, he talked me into the house. When I had asked, when they painted the yellow line on our road, he made me go to the window where I found, they were non existent. That experience took 2 weeks of my sanity!

From time to time  we are blessed with the beautiful affects of the Aurora Borelious. Tho clouded by wild fire smoke the last few years, those are a favorite night for me along with Augusts, percied meteor showers. With crickets singing spring in, the air is often scented by flowering trees. All in all a lovely place to live.

Linda

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
09/07/2019 12:47 pm  
Posted by: LK

Eric, I  live in a Desert area, it does get much warmer then 30° in the summer

Desert area in BC?? I guess I missed something special when I went! I love desert areas :)

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register