Community Forums

Want to join the forums? Register HERE for instant access.

Already have an account? Login below:

J-Pouch surgery  

RSS

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
02/05/2017 12:17 pm  

Hey gang, I just posted a new article about why some people may not get (or want) a J-Pouch.

I'm curious to know who's considered one and backed out, and who's had one but needed to get it reversed. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

uc2ostomy liked
ReplyQuote
stomie2016
(@stomie2016)
07/05/2017 1:03 pm  

Hi Eric,

I have a permanent ileostomy due to Crohn's Disease.  I had the surgery to remove my colon under emergency conditions about 8 months ago.  Even at that time I did not consider anything but a permanent ileostomy.  With my Crohn's disease, I had some rectal/anal involvement, and many years ago had an anal fistula which required surgery.  I had incontinence issues already due to that surgery.  So, my surgeon who did the ileostomy heartily agreed with me that I was not a candidate for a J-pouch or other.  She said she could not do that me!  I would much rather be mindlessly shitting in a bag than running for the bathroom or shitting in my pants every time I ate something or walked out of the house. 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
07/05/2017 1:06 pm  
Posted by: stomie2016

So, my surgeon who did the ileostomy heartily agreed with me that I was not a candidate for a J-pouch or other.  

I would really hope that every surgeon would come to the same conclusion, but sometimes I hear of people with Crohn's who say they're a candidate for a j-pouch. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register