Community Forums

The Art of Emptying an Ostomy Bag (w/ video)  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Karah
 Karah
(@Karah)
February 15, 2019 10:26 pm  

Oh my yes indeed! I know for myself, I also use toilet paper for the most part or those toilet seat papers work too! Eric has posted some great visual aids above in this article too but that's what I do as well! I don't know if you caught those or this comment came through the other methods for posting so this is the link to the article: https://www.veganostomy.ca/how-to-empty-ostomy-bag/

Hey - the mouthwash is a great idea! That certainly can have a strong enough scent too! I like that & they come in travel sizes as well! Thanks for sharing Sydneychic!

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
February 16, 2019 11:45 am  

Hi, may be here in the UK our toilets are a little bigger I don’t know but I sit forward as normal just a little further back and their is plenty of room. It’s the way I have always done it🚽😀

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
February 16, 2019 9:18 pm  
Posted by: john68

Hi, may be here in the UK our toilets are a little bigger I don’t know but I sit forward as normal just a little further back and their is plenty of room. It’s the way I have always done it🚽😀

I believe they are  because I had a conversation with a Brit who said that sitting gives them a lot of room and there's no way I could pull that off comfortably sitting on our toilets.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
February 16, 2019 11:06 pm  

I always sit forward to empty the bag and because of my bladder disease I usually have to tinkle at the same time anyways. I always use to carry a full water bottle with me too, but now I fill at the sink if it is in small stores as in our small town area I am going to a place like Walmart, I do not want anything much to do with the sinks so I carry a full one there. I wash my hands at the sink but use paper towels to shut the taps if they have handles, and take two for the door handle, then when I get out I will use hand sanitzer also. Large stores in our area (Canada) have the sensor for turning water on these days. I LOVE the tip for the auto flush toilets, that is great, they freak me out when they suddenly flush! Silly I know, but man, some of them have a such a huge attitudes! Walmart store is always busy in the washroom. I would like to see a sink and toilet in the handicap washrooms, just because sometimes we need the water to clean at the same time as a sudden bag change or empty. Such great tips. Thank you.

LindaK

Linda

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register