Notifications
Clear all

Stealth Belt with high output  

RSS

VickiH
(@vickih)
Registered
July 27, 2019 11:23 am  

I have a silly question,  I have almost settled on an appliance.  I am lucky as I can eat almost anything,  although this also creates a lot of input.  Does the belt become cumbersome when constantly emptying.  I don’t like feeling the weight in my bag, perhaps because I am rather new to all this.  I would love some support for the bag but wonder if it will be too inconvenient.

LK liked
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
July 27, 2019 1:06 pm  

Hey Vicki,

The StealthBelt (or any support product) will help to make your bag feel less heavy as it gets full, but it's no more cumbersome to empty vs. how it would be without it. 

How often are you emptying your bag? 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Registered
July 27, 2019 5:51 pm  

I use a comfizz support belt and it takes a lot of the weight of the bag , even when fairly full ,

it does not add much extra bulk and it makes you feel very secure 

LK and VeganOstomy liked
ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
July 28, 2019 3:24 am  

Hi Vicki,

I've been meaning to do the same thing for a while now. Especially since I have been working back at the office again for about a month. But I still have a big open wound, so I'm not sure how it will work with that. I will be curious how you feel about the one you choose. 🙂

Liza

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

LK liked
ReplyQuote
VickiH
(@vickih)
Registered
July 28, 2019 11:38 am  

@veganostomy

Depends on my eating, probably every couple hours or so.  Not that it always full but I don’t like the feel.

LK liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
July 29, 2019 12:35 pm  
Posted by: @vickih

@veganostomy

Depends on my eating, probably every couple hours or so.  Not that it always full but I don’t like the feel.

I completely understand. I don't think it would be much trouble at all - but in the event that you do let your bag get full, other than the bulge (which would happen with a full bag being worn in any configuration), the supported weight will make it feel much more comfortable and less likely to tug on your skin. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK liked
ReplyQuote
dogtalkerer
(@dogtalkerer)
Registered
August 5, 2019 1:20 pm  

vicky, nothing feels better than a new empty bag.  I empty as often as i can.   why carry it around? 

ReplyQuote