Clear all

Lubricating deodorant  

RSS

Rick
 Rick
(@rick)
Registered
September 7, 2020 4:18 pm  

After trial and error I discovered using baby oil and drops of  M9 afterwards were the best. The other namebrand items are way more expensive and not as effective. It seem to do no damage to any part the device

sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
September 8, 2020 2:01 pm  

Hi Rick,

I have been using mineral oil and M9. I would imagine that the baby oil would have a nicer scent. Maybe I'll give it a try when my mineral oil is used up!

Stella

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
September 9, 2020 3:45 pm  

Hi All . I haven't been on here in awhile so just checking in . I too use baby oil and mix it with Safe n Simple Oder Eliminator from Hollister and some water just to extend my supply since they only give me just so many bottles . I have been doing it for probably a couple years and no problems . 

Subtotal colectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
danbh
(@danbh)
Registered
September 9, 2020 10:01 pm  

I have been using baby oil for a year now, and it works like a charm for me. I do not add anything to it. Baby oil cost me less the $4.00 dollars, and a bottle lasts for over a month.

As for the smell, being that I have colostomy it is not too bad, just when I empty the bag for a few seconds.

I once used Adapt lubricating deodorant, and according to the MFG I had to pour a whole pouch in the bag after every time I empty. I would need 4 pouches a day, and Medicare only allowed me 30 pouches. So screw them, I found a much better way, and can put it as many times as needed.

Dan

ReplyQuote