Community Forums

Coloplast Sensura Mio 2pc: REVIEW (w/ video)  

Page 3 / 3 Prev
  RSS

sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
June 11, 2018 3:29 pm  

Thanks, Eric for the advice to both my questions.  My husband and I think that it's a good idea to put on the wafer first to make sure that it is fitting perfectly. After watching the video review of the Sensura Mio 2-piece and how it helped your stoma to heal after two weeks, the next time I change out my system I will  use just the barrier and pouch. I'll also try wetting the ring to see if it helps to attach the pouch to the barrier. (Last time I changed my system, I did apply the stoma powder and used a protective wipe as well.)

Stella

ReplyQuote
Songbringer
(@songbringer)
Registered
November 20, 2018 1:53 pm  

Hi Eric. Just wondering your thoughts on how well the pouch you reviewed holds up overnight? It looks really small, and for myself, as an ostomate, I fear this would blow out in the middle of the night fairly quickly.

Crohn's Disease Diagnosis/1st emergency resection during a massively widespread blackout-August 14th/2003. Ileostomy since August 2016. Cheated death twice in 2016 during a 3 month hospital stay.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
November 21, 2018 10:06 am  

Hi Songbringer,

The pouch is a "maxi" size, so it's a pretty standard size that I'm used to. Overnight, it seems fine - except - when it balloons, and this one balloons often for me. Ballooning is probably the #1 reason why I have night leaks and that hasn't happened in quite some time with the Hollister appliance I now wear.

You may want to at least give it a try, but if ballooning is a problem for you normally, then you'll want to keep an eye out on that and proactively try to mitigate it.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Songbringer
(@songbringer)
Registered
November 21, 2018 12:46 pm  

Hi Eric. I am used to wearing the Sensura Magnum 24/7. I've tried pouches in the past that are deemed "maxi", and I have just laughed at what some companies deem maxi. I have no interest in emptying a pouch literally every 5 minutes, and with the ones deemed maxi, that has always been the issue when I used them. Ballooning is a HUGE factor for me. I love the Magnum, as an ostomate, because of my absurdly high output, and it's capacity, and is excellent for nighttime, but with some garments, the spout is a LITTLE too visible...especially on a woman, and has caused me embarrassment in the past. How do you recommend mitigating ballooning? Hoping it doesn't require altering pouches.

Crohn's Disease Diagnosis/1st emergency resection during a massively widespread blackout-August 14th/2003. Ileostomy since August 2016. Cheated death twice in 2016 during a 3 month hospital stay.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
November 26, 2018 10:24 am  
Posted by: Songbringer

Hi Eric. I am used to wearing the Sensura Magnum 24/7. I've tried pouches in the past that are deemed "maxi", and I have just laughed at what some companies deem maxi.

Oh yeah, the Magnum is in a league all on its own! "Maxi" is generally used to describe what a typical ostomate might wear, but I agree that the name confuses things a lot.

There are quite a few suggestions on how to deal with Ballooning. I suggest starting here: https://www.veganostomy.ca/ostomy-pouch-ballooning/

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3 Prev
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register