Community Forums

Coloplast Sensura Mio 2pc: REVIEW (w/ video)  

Page 2 / 4
  RSS

Di
 Di
(@Di)
20/01/2018 6:00 pm  

Found clicking bag to wafer reasonably easy whilst holding in my hands.
Totally different oncewafer attached to my stoma. I must be able to take bag off and on quickly, takes ages, any tips please.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
21/01/2018 2:09 am  

Some people find that wetting the ring of the wafer makes it easier to snap in place. Removing it shouldn't be difficult, as long as the locking mechanism is open.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Di
 Di
(@Di)
21/01/2018 7:10 pm  

Ok thanks for quick response, much appreciated. Love your reviews, so informative.

ReplyQuote
Tracy Turner
 Tracy Turner
(@Tracy Turner)
09/03/2018 12:29 pm  

Hi Eric, I am a new Ostomate and have spent hours viewing your clips. Thank you for all the helpful info. I started with a lovely round firm belly before surgery but now I call it my roller-coaster.
I have been trialling the Coloplast and Salts 1pc drainables and having problem making my mind up what I want. I have now made up my mind.
We are lucky in Australia, the government has a stoma scheme so we don't have to pay for appliances and most Of The accessories.
Thanks again
Regards
Tracy

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
09/03/2018 7:27 pm  

Hey Tracy,

So what convinced you to go with one product over the other? I'm curious to know 😀

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
02/06/2018 8:25 pm  

Thank you, Eric for your review. It has given me confidence in trying out this product. Coloplast sent an amazing kit with all kinds of features, plus the SenSura Mio 2-piece click system. I look forward to using it.
Stella

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
02/06/2018 9:37 pm  

Stella, let us know how it goes! Good luck!

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
03/06/2018 8:48 am  

So far, so good. I like the product a lot, though I did have a little trouble attaching the flanges. I noticed a little redness around my stoma before I put it on, so my hope is the base plate will help to heal that. I like the fact that the material they use is so silky and love the velcro feature. The one thing I wish Coloplast had was the same system of tape that Hollister has, so that when I put on the base plate, I can make sure everything is centered before I remove the tape tabs. Other than that, it seems like a great product! Thanks again!

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered (M)
03/06/2018 5:08 pm  

sj0v-  do u use a seal ring?  I have both pouching systems, the one u have, and a one piece Mio.   Changing to a different barrier helps when or if I get red or sores.  Helps to heal-using a different barrier. 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
03/06/2018 8:38 pm  
Posted by: sjlovestosing

The one thing I wish Coloplast had was the same system of tape that Hollister has, so that when I put on the base plate, I can make sure everything is centered before I remove the tape tabs. Other than that, it seems like a great product! Thanks again!

Glad to hear things are going well !

Those release tabs on the Hollister wafer are so convenient. I love them! 

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
04/06/2018 10:47 am  

Hi,

I thought I had sent this out to the forum, but I think I sent a private message in stead. I am still new to how to do all this - not the colostomy, just getting the hang of using the forum!

Anyway, my question is has anyone had any experience with Coloplast SenSura Mio Flex 2-piece system? What were your results? I am using the Click system and am very pleased with it so far. I am having a little trouble with pancaking, but checked out Eric's videos on the topic, so I think I can rectify the situation. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Stella

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
04/06/2018 11:12 am  

Hi Stella,

You have a colostomy which is going to be thicker output. Drinking plenty of water is a help and some foods thicken output more than others. may be use some prune juice or other fruit juice to help thin. Please be wary of using laxatives!! The filter can cause a vacuum effect and maybe use the sticker to block it off. The are lubricants that can help keep the output flowing but be careful that any thing put in the bag don,t cause any harm to the stoma. could it be clothing that could be holding things back. and the old ostomy trick is to put some rolled up loo paper into the bag so it keeps the sides apart and lets output flow. Not a user of the Mio so can have a say about it but a very popular system and am sure others will know.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Arminda
 Arminda
(@Arminda)
04/06/2018 11:47 am  

I manage my mom's ileostomy, and we recently switched from the click to the flex and are very pleased thus far. I can't speak about its effectiveness with pancaking, but I can say we both like the ease of taking the bag off and putting it on, and that it's a little lower profile than the click.

One word of warning, though. We did have an issue last night. I did her bag change after a long few days at work and was exhausted, and I didn't make sure the bag was sealed all the way around the barrier (I usually press all the way around), and my mom woke up to a small leak. There had been a wrinkle in the Adhesive I didn't notice, and if the flex Adhesive gets wet, that's all she wrote. Fortunately it was a quick fix, and we laughed about me being so tired, but figure it's worth mentioning. Good luck!

ReplyQuote
Sasquatch
(@sasquatch)
Registered
04/06/2018 1:14 pm  

This is one of the products I sampled before I decided on the Hollister products I currently use.  I did like how flexible the wafers were, and they seemed to stick to me fairly well.  The thing with them I didn't like was how wide the wafer was, and I didn't feel comfortable with it rotated either.  To me the "click system" seemed very secure, and I liked the feel of the fabric on their bags. 

The pancaking may or may not have to do with the bags themselves, that's a pretty common battle with us ostomates.  I just remember to watch for it, so it doesn't get to the point I have a blow out.  The vent sticker might be something to try, as long as ballooning doesn't become an issue.  

UC since 2002, subtotal colectomy Dec. 2016, proctolectomy Nov. 2018.

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
05/06/2018 7:46 am  

Thanks for the tips guys!  I am currently trying the flex system - I put it on last night. It's ok, but I do feel more secure with the click. I'll be putting in my first order very soon and will probably stick with the the click system for now. In the future, I might try the flex again.

Stella

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
06/06/2018 8:05 pm  

Hi guys, 

I have been busy and although I read all the forums, I didn't have a chance to write. Thank God, I  have my health.

I am using the Mio 2 piece click. I am very happy with it. I use one or two a week. I use the Brava ring. 

Ever since I switched to the mio system, I am calm about leakage.

Using the click lock,  I find it easy to take off and rinse out the bag. Easy peazy. I love the grey color. It is quiet.

Glad to be of help. 

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
11/06/2018 7:17 am  

Hi Eric,

I purchased the 2-piece click on your recommendation. I was so impressed with the thoroughness of your review and found that I like all the features that you were impressed with.  I did experience a small rash, so I am also using the Brava protective ring as well.  Any thoughts on using the extra ring?  Also, I do have a little difficulty attaching the pouch to the barrier. I will be checking out your tip on how to attach the system. I  am still new to all this, and must admit that my confidence level is not quite up there-I am always wondering if I am doing things wrong. (My husband has been very supportive and encouraging in all this I might add!)

Thanks,

Stella

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
11/06/2018 7:25 am  

Just one other question, Eric. Do you attach the system before you put on the barrier? I have difficulty attaching it because I put the barrier on first then attach the pouch. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks,
Stella

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
11/06/2018 10:13 am  

Hi sjlovestosing,

Unless you need to use a barrier ring (i.e. because you are having leaks), I would not recommend them as they just complicate things.

Keep an eye on the rash - it may be temporary because you're using a newer appliance, but if it gets worse or spreads then stop using it.

The click system can be a little tough to get on. Some people wet the ring with water as that offer some lubrication and will dry once it's on. Let me know if that helps :)

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
11/06/2018 10:14 am  

Hi sjlovestosing,

You can attach the bag to the wafer after the wafer is on your skin or before - it's totally up to you.

I tend to put the wafer on first so that I can see if I'm getting a good fit, then I put the bag on after that :)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register