Community Forums

Forum software update Dec. 10, 2017  

RSS

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 10, 2017 8:16 pm  

Hey guys!!

I've updated the forum software (v.1.4.3)  and there are some really nice changes!

User mentions

The initial release of this feature allows you to mention another user in a post by using @username (whatever it might be).  Their "@username" will be under the username beside their avatar - note that it may be different from their actual username depending on how they registered. 

This feature is a great addition that should allow you to create a single reply to multiple users simply by tagging them. Note that you have to enter the full @username as it doesn't auto-complete right now. 

NOTE: Users who are tagged will be emailed by default. If I find that this feature is being abused/overused, I will disable email notifications for tagged users so they aren't bombarded. Please be mindful when tagging someone.

Recent posts

You can now find a recent posts button in the forum menu. Posts that are unread will be in bold. If you use the same device, then it will remember which forums you've visited/read and will highlight these accordingly on the recent posts page. Note: this relies on browser "cookies" to tell the forum software where you have been on the forums. If you use multiple devices, this feature will not work as well. 

Future updates will hopefully make this feature better across devices.

You can now insert emojis directly from the post edit screen  :-) 

As always, let me know if there are any bugs and I will report them to the developer. 

The appropriate place to report bugs is HERE.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 10, 2017 8:40 pm  

OHHHHHHHHHH no-----------  U now that I am not good on computers. Now I have to figure this out?  I don't want to bug others mostly by mistake.. "-( Get ready for the questions from the Marcie) 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 10, 2017 8:45 pm  
Posted by: Marcie

OHHHHHHHHHH no-----------  U now that I am not good on computers. Now I have to figure this out?  I don't want to bug others mostly by mistake.. "-( Get ready for the questions from the Marcie) 

Don't worry, Marcie. You can use it exactly as you did before as none of the core features have changed. These new features will make things a lot easier for people moving forward and you can learn how to use them after I've added them to the walkthrough  :-) 

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 10, 2017 8:53 pm  

I don't worry much.. I know your there for me... What ever you do, the improvments you think of always work.. I have trust in you Eric.. 

Now take your wonderful wife out for a nice date night/day!! I think that she needs some of YOUR attention!! Best, Marcie.................. 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 10, 2017 10:34 pm  

where is my "send a message"??? huh? huh? huh?  did u do a whoops? :-)

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 11, 2017 1:19 am  

where is my "send a message"??? huh? huh? huh?  did u do a whoops? :-)

Same spots as always. Where are you not seeing it? 

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
December 11, 2017 8:37 am  

Hi Eric, I would call myself a 2 fingered one brain cell computer user! but I have to say the site is looking really well has a very clean cut image with the changes. we all will embrace sure whats the worst that can happen, We start getting replies from Donald Trump!!

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 11, 2017 2:20 pm  

Ya John, Always ready for a good laugh with him.. Just keep him our of our lounge!!! 

Don't want any "fake news" there!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 11, 2017 2:24 pm  

At members- Marcie-- everyone has an envelope message- sign but sweet Marcie... 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 11, 2017 2:50 pm  

At members- Marcie-- everyone has an envelope message- sign but sweet Marcie... 

That shows who you can send a message to - it will exclude your own account because you can't send private messages to yourself   ;-) 

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 11, 2017 3:22 pm  

looks like everyone else is in a jam huh? 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 11, 2017 3:45 pm  

looks like everyone else is in a jam huh? 

What do you mean? It works as expected.

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 11, 2017 4:05 pm  

I don't have a blue envelope by my name at the members..   I am the only one... That means Marcie is GREAT !!! huh! :-) 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 11, 2017 4:08 pm  

It's there, you just won't see it if you're logged into your own account (see the photo).

If you can see the mail icon for everyone else, then it's working fine. 

1513026518-Message-indictator.png

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register