Community Forums

Notifications
Clear all

Don't forget to support this site on Amazon Prime Day!  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
July 12, 2018 10:52 am  

Hey guys, 

I know many of you already help to support this website by using the Amazon links on my Support This Site page. Thank you!

If you're like me, you may be holding out on some great deals until this upcoming Amazon Prime Day (July 16th). Many of you have also commented that ostomy supplies sold through Amazon are often cheaper than what you're paying at a local supply store. 

I wanted to remind you that if you decide to purchase anything through Amazon using the links below, a small percentage will come back to me in the form of an affiliate fee. It's not much, but it does help to pay for running the site and keeping it ad-free! You can continue to use these links even after Prime Day is over.

It doesn't raise your prices or cost you anything, but I want to make it clear that you aren't under any obligation to use these links. 

Thanks again for all your support! Happy shopping ;) 

Links to use:

Amazon USA

Amazon Canada

Amazon UK

Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
July 12, 2018 11:51 am  

Hi Eric,

Just a ( probably) stupid question.

Do I have to use that Amazon link EVERY time I buy something from them? Or does it remember?

I use Amazon all the time and have gone through your link before, but I don't use that link each time I shop, should I??

And thanks a bunch!

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
July 12, 2018 12:13 pm  
Posted by: Dona

Do I have to use that Amazon link EVERY time I buy something from them? Or does it remember?

That's actually a great question.

Amazon uses browser "cookies" to track whether someone has used the link or not. This "cookie" data can last up to 24h. However, if you use another browser or device; click on Amazon from another website; or clear your browser cache, the "cookie" will be lost or replaced. 

The easiest thing to do is bookmark the link and use it when you need to (rather than visit veganostomy.ca every time). 

One way to know whether the link is working is that you'll notice the following somewhere in the website URL after using the link: "tag=veganostomy-20" This is basically my affiliate code with Amazon. It will only show that tag the first time you click on the link, then it does everything else through those "cookies". 

I hope that helps.

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
July 12, 2018 12:28 pm  

Yes! Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
July 12, 2018 3:14 pm  

Eric,

I just placed a big order through your amazon link ... hope some of the $$ drifts your way.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
July 12, 2018 4:43 pm  

I really appreciate that, Dona! My newsletter service is quickly reaching the limit for the free account and I'll need to pay $30+ a month to keep that going soon! Every little bit helps! 😁

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
July 13, 2018 1:26 pm  

Eric,

Here is what I did:

1.   Filled my amazon shopping cart with stuff

2. Went to VeganOstomy  website and found the big AMAZON block on the right side of the main page, and clicked on the USA one.n ( because thats me).

3.Then a new window opened for amazon that did have your VeganOstomy link at the top of the page.

4. then I went to my shopping cart and bought everything. 

I think this should work. I am not sure one can do the 'one click' shopping with this method, but maybe. If anyone knows...please add more info.

This should be easy enough for everyone to do it.

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
July 13, 2018 2:02 pm  

Hi Dona.

I appreciate you doing that, I honestly don't know if Amazon will count those items as the link was clicking in afterward, but if you want to private message me one of the items you purchased (if you're comfortable doing so!) I can see if Amazon gave me any credit for it.

They list items that count towards the affiliate credit without giving up any private data on your end (i.e. I don't know who ordered what). But this would be a way of confirming whether that method works. 

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
July 13, 2018 2:13 pm  

I will do that.

Also confusing is that although I placed a large order through your link ( around $400.00) US, Amazon breaks it into smaller shipments..so I don't know how it will show up for you.

I will send a PM to you...hope I know how to do that.

I guess.. the ;contact me' link on your website.

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
July 13, 2018 2:19 pm  

DONE!

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
July 13, 2018 2:26 pm  

Thanks for the help, Dona. 

For those who are reading this, the best way to make sure that affiliate credit goes through, please add Amazon items to your shopping cart after clicking on the appropriate link above. While Amazon may give credit for items already in the shopping cart, it's not reliable and may not always work. 

I truly appreciate everyone who's been using the Amazon links. You guys are awesome!

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
July 7, 2019 5:18 pm  

Eric,

I just saw this. We order on Amazon all the time, so I will use this link every time now!!  We have 16 nieces and nephews who all live in other states, so that is a lot of gifts we send through Amazon Prime. Plus lots of Christmas gifts as well as anything we order for ourselves. Does it apply to anything we order using your link?  Do you get a percentage of the total?

Also, are you a registered non-profit. My work will offer matching donations, so I would love to take advantage of that if I could make a donation and have them match it. I would just have to see if it would work with you being in Canada. We do have a plant in Canada, so it might work. It is a new program that started since last year when I was on disability, so I need to research it, but I have already gotten so much out of this website and this online community that I would love to help keep it going!!!

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
July 7, 2019 5:29 pm  

Most of the members here will have to pay for their treatment. Just think of the valuable help and advice which VO provides, Web sites occur costs never mind time. Eric has given a lot of effort here and every little helps. We all order online so why not make it count 😀👍

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
July 7, 2019 6:13 pm  

I sent you an email Eric, because I didn't see Vegan Ostomy anywhere when I ordered a birthday present.  Then I went in again to order some big baggy ostomy hiding shirts for work, and I did see Vegan Ostomy in the URL, so I might have missed it the first time.  :)

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
July 8, 2019 8:55 am  

Thank you both for the reminder :) 

To answer your questions: 

• Items added to a shopping cart and/or ordered soon after using the links above, will be counted as credit under my affiliate account. 
  • I do get a percentage of items on orders that have been successfully shipped. We are talking a few percent depending on the item,  but it slowly adds up over weeks/months.
  • I am not a registered non-profit. I had considered it early on, but found that it would restrict my creativity and limit what kind of advocacy initiatives I decide to take. Plus, knowing what my wife had to do when she was running a charity, the paperwork when filing for taxes would consume far too much of my time. 
  • Website costs are always ongoing. Unfortunately, because I've had to decline so many speaking events this past year, my only source of "income" for the site comes from donations, the Amazon affiliate link, and ads on YouTube. Since I don't publish ads on the site, or accept payment from companies for any of the reviews/videos/articles I write, it leaves a very narrow window for me to recoup costs. 

Thanks again for the reminder - I'm not always comfortable letting people know about these donation/affiliate link options because it feels like I'm trying to sell something. LOL 

Tony and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
July 15, 2019 11:16 am  

It is Amazon Prime day again. Let's all support our friend Eric and this awesome website by doing a little shopping today and tomorrow! And all year, but especially today and tomorrow. 😀

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
July 15, 2019 2:13 pm  

@squeakyandliza

Not to plug any specific products here, but I bought an Instant Pot (all-in-one pressure cooker/rice cooker/slow cooker) on Prime Day a few years ago and it's been a staple in my kitchen ever since. They tend to always be on sale for Prime Day at a very good price. 👍

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
July 15, 2019 2:29 pm  

I will have to check. It is good to hear that you use yours regularly. 🙂

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
December 6, 2019 5:04 pm  

Hi All,

It is Christmas shopping time, and online shopping is more and more popular every year. For anyone who doesn’t know, or may have forgotten, if you go into Amazon using the links in this thread, Eric receives a small percentage, which he uses to help defray the costs of operating this awesome site. 

So, if you are online shopping this weekend, remember to use these links!!

Happy shopping and Happy Holidays to you all!

VeganOstomy and Tony liked
ReplyQuote
Tony
 Tony
(@ileostony)
Registered
December 6, 2019 6:24 pm  

Eric,

I, for one, don't think you have any reason to worry about that. Those of us who know you know you're not trying to milk the cash cow at our expense, and we would fly to your defense if anyone came on here and accused you of that. How long does the cookie for your affiliate commission stay on the computer?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2