3 Posts
2 Users
10 Likes
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

Hey people, 

I've been getting a few messages from more than a couple of members about the "forum spam" and off topic chats in topics dealing with specific questions.

Here are a few tips to help minimize frustration and keep the forum useful.

• Please keep casual chat in the lounge. https://www.veganostomy.ca/community/the-lounge/   You can post new topics there if you'd like to continue off topic discussions from other threads.
  • Rather than replying to different users in separate replies, create a single reply and address each member in that single message. The reason you shouldn't be replying to multiple members in separate messages is because every time you add a new comment, each person gets an email - it can get very overwhelming for someone who's subscribed to a topic to receive multiple emails one after another in short succession. 
  • Please be thoughtful when posting a reply to a topic asking for help. If it's not adding value to the thread, refrain from posting. 
  • Please remember that not all members find sarcasm or inappropriate comments funny, especially when they are made in threads where someone is asking for help or has a serious question.

I hope these tips will be useful. Please remember that these forums have been set up to help other people who may be going through a very stressful time in their life. If they see that topics have gone off the rails, they may not want to join the forum and may lose out on the support they're looking for. 

Regards, 

Eric 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Zvitusk, Dona, Winterblue and 2 people reacted
Navey
(@navey)

Hi Eric:

Right on, I love the forum but see some enthusiastic members are dominating the conversations off topic, let's hope we can get back on track. 

Zvitusk, Dona, john68 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

Sending out another reminder about this. 

I'm seeing a lot of very long, off-topic posts in various threads and they are becoming a source of many complaints.

If your reply doesn't add value to a topic or question, please refrain from posting it. 

If your reply is on topic, please try to keep it short and sweet. 

Lengthy posts, personal updates, and off-opic chatter not only make the forum confusing to new members but it devalues some of the great information and ideas that we'e ssaring amongst each other. 

You'e mmore than welcome to post those things in the lounge section or through private message. 

Thanks for your understanding! 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote