Clear all

Total pelvic exenteration with wet colostomy

3 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
(@krishnapriya-ostomate)
Topic starter  

Hey guys,
First of all, thanks to Eric for the wonderful job that you have been doing with veganostomy. It is incredibly useful to me as a novice with stoma management, and has succeeded in giving me a lot of confidence.

I am Krishnapriya, and I have been diagnosed with stage 4 uterine carcino-sarcoma. I had to recently undergo a total pelvic exenteration. This succeeded in removing the cancer from my pelvic regions, but I am still undergoing further treatment for the secondary metastasized sites.

Anyway, the pelvic exenteration left me with a wet colostomy - which basically means a single stoma for both urine and stool.

I would love to hear the experiences of anyone out there who might have gone through either a total pelvic exenteration or who has a wet colostomy. I would like to hear about how you are coping and pick up useful tips from you guys!

Best wishes to all of you!

Regards,
Krishnapriya

Dona and VeganOstomy reacted
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Welcome, Krishnapriya!

Thank you for sharing that. 

I was just reading more about pelvic exenterations and it's quite an amazing procedure! I don't know anyone else who's gone through it, but I will ask on social media :)

Please, continue to share your experience with having a wet colostomy (because I have a lot to learn about it!)

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Dona reacted
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)

Hello Krishnapriya and welcome to you.

Thanks for telling us about your ostomy type and the why of it.  New to me and I wish you the best in figuring this out. I hope you connect with someone else with your particular needs. This is a great place to start. I was looking for some help  too when I found Vegan ostomy...this has helped a lot. ( as always...thanks Eric)

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote