Community Forums

Introduction  

RSS

jaymitch
(@jaymitch)
Registered
June 9, 2018 4:18 pm  

Hello!!

Jeff Mitchell here. I am recovering from an Abdominoperineal Resection that was performed on May 15th. (Colo-Rectal Cancer Stage IV) I am 58 years young and plan on getting a lot older! :-) I have a permanent colostomy and found Eric's site prior to surgery. It has been very helpful and I am sure it will continue to be.

A year ago I underwent a Partial Glossectomy and Radical neck Dissection to treat a head and neck cancer. (Not related to this sight, just part of my history.) 

I take a pretty unique approach to the disease that brought me to this place and I think that attitude will serve me well as I learn to live with my colostomy. (AKA: 2PCS, Portable Poop Containment System!) 

I know I will continue to learn and as we go along I hope I can help others.

Glad to be here!

Jeff

Jeff - Sigmoid Colostomy May 2018

Robert and john68 liked
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
June 9, 2018 6:13 pm  

Welcome to the forums, Jeff! 

Thank you for sharing your story and we hope that the forum and site will be of use to you :) 

Looking forward to seeing you around! 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
June 9, 2018 8:12 pm  

Welcome Jeff.   Love the portable poop containment syatem!! Glad you are here. Wishing you the best. Your attitude will win out.  Barbara 

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. 6 bouts of c-diff, failed fecal transplant. Complete colonectomy and ileostomy July 30, 2018. ENOUGH!!

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
June 10, 2018 6:38 am  

Hi Jeff, great approach I wish you well and enjoy Erics site.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
June 10, 2018 7:43 am  

Welcome, Jeff,

I am also a recent colostomate. I joined prior to my surgery on 5/15/18 and have found this site, the support of other ostomates and especially Eric's articles and support to be fantastic! Your attitude is everything! I wish you all the best!!!

Stella

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
June 10, 2018 12:06 pm  

Stella and Jeff, you 2 don't know lucky that u found this BEFORE your surgery!!  IT is indeed a blessing.  Which I did!!  Check into the lounge once in awhile!!  Relax with us.  ITs fun in that place.  Make u what ever u want and enjoy-- Marcie and group.

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
June 11, 2018 5:20 pm  

Welcome Jeff and Stella . You can learn a lot here on this site I know I have . And I am sure you will  also be able to help others with your experiences .

Subtotal colectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
Malsgal86
(@malsgal86)
Registered
June 12, 2018 1:59 pm  

Welcome Jeff! Glad you found us. I too had colo-rectal cancer and currently have an ileostomy(my surgery was march 2017)

This site is awesome/very helpful...wish i had found it before my surgery

Deborah

God when you choose to leave mountains unmovable oh give me the strength to sing it is well with my soul

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
June 19, 2018 12:24 am  

Nice to meet you Jeff.  I too found Eric help after a few years of having my illness and surgery. Someone here,  has had an experience that if not helpful,  it may be in the future.  Just having the freedom to write out what we need help with is amazing.  Encouraging each other is helpful in so many ways.  You have been thru a lot and have further to go.  You attitude is great.  Your health important.  I was alone in this journey until I signed in  and I am not any more.  Eric is awesome and so full of important information. 

Best of luck as you carry on and keep us all posted.

Linda

Linda

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register